Reviews: nicolelass88

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Compay Hostel Punta del Diablo

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

This hostel is popular, people were very social. The owners are very friendly. But for some reason I got bites all over me when I stayed in this hostel, but I was the only one. But it made my experience there not so enjoyable. But I recommend this hostel as I was the only person who had this problem, the hostel is clean.

Tas D'Viaje Hostel

Punta del Este, Uruguay

This hostel would be really cool in high season but I was there in low season and it was very quiet. The location is great, right on the peninsular near the beach. The hostel has bikes and other things for rent which is fun. The lounge room facilities were good, with lounges and a TV. The shower facilities and dorms were pretty ordinary to me, but no worse then other hostels. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

Caballo Loco Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

This hostel was nice and comfortable. It wasn't really like what it said in the reviews though. I didn't meet a lot of people and the environment was a bit boring (but not the hostels fault). The male staff members were helpful, but the female staff weren't very friendly to me. The facilities at this hostel are nice, lots of places to sit and big kitchen. There were a lack of power points though. Overall a good hotel, I recommend it.

Che Lagarto Hostel Colonia

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

The staff were nice, spoke Engkish, and were helpful. The dorm was pretty small and had no space for my bag, but I am used to this. There is fruit at breakfast if you get in early. The bathroom facilities were good, and the hostel was generally clean.

Freedom Hostel - MG

Ouro Preto, Brazil

I loved "Mamma" and "Pappa", the owners of the hostel. They make staying in their hostel an unforgetable experience! Breakfast was good and the dorms were comfortable. I will also never forget my welcome! Before I was checked it, I was invited next door to try the best cachaca I have ever tasted. And on my second day they booked me in for a free tour with a neighbouring hostel! The only complaint I have is there are only two showers, but I loved the place so much it didn't matter.

We love you Nicole!, well 2 showers is not so bad for the budget room but thanks to guests satisfaction we are growing so im happy to announce that the hostel is finished now and we now have 8 showers!....peace and love

Vila Madalena Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Generally this is a nice hostel. It has some nice features... A common area with TV, big shower, and a bar open to the public with imported beer. Also its in a nice area. However I recommend not staying in the 12 room dorm if you want peace. It was noisy with people coming and going at all hours, shuffling around in their lockers, and dropping things in the middle of the night. The smaller dorms upstairs looked more comfortable and had the lockers outside, which is probably less noisy.

As you know If you pay a little more you can stay in the 8 bed dorm. Look like your points doesn't correspond with your staying. You told us all the time we are your best hostel have you ever been. Thanks for all comments!

Geckos Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

The cheaper dorms don't have aircon, so don't book them when a heatwave is going on, its unbearable. Although they did swap me in to an air conditioned room when I requested at no extra charge, however the air con was very loud. The location was good, but its in a residential area so we had to be quiet after 10pm.

Hi NIcole.This has been the hottest summer of the century in Brasil, so it is hot everywhere there is not AC.We have 2 more AC dorms.You could tell me that it was to noisy for you, i would have moved to an other one.Please, be informed that keep silence after 10 pm is not an hostel rule, but a brazilian law that has to be respeceted every where and in every hostel.Here everybody has a lot of fun in our pool and out door area till 10 pm, then goes to one of the many nice bars or clubs of the area

Casa Azul Hostel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

This hostel was nice, the staff friendly and the bar downstairs very cool. They don't lie when they say this hostel is well known... When I spoke to locals and they asked where I was staying, and I said a hostel, they automatically asked "CasaAzul?" When I was there it was rather quiet and very hot! But the rooms are rather cosy and bed comfortable, and there is a nice kitchen and shared area upstairs.

Bellavista Hostel

Santiago, Chile

I have no complaints about this hostel, it is very nice! It is clean and spacious, with big bathrooms. The staff are also friendly and helpful.

PataPata Hostel

Valparaiso, Chile

Pata pata was ok. But you have to be let in and out every time you want to come or go from the Hostel.

Casa Verde Limon

Valparaiso, Chile

This hostel was comfortable and had a great location. The staff were average. I was dissapointed to leave when they did not have any vacancy on the weekend as it was a nice place to stay. They provide lockers and give you keys to access the building.

Hostal El Arbol

La Serena, Chile

Well its a very homely and clean hostel. I hope you like cosy, because the rooms and kitchen are small and there are only a couple of bathrooms for a lot of people.

Hostel Campo Grande

Campo Grande, Brazil

Don't stay in this "hostel" (its really a hotel from the stone ages and lost its HI membership). It may seem ok from a distance, I.e. good breakfast and pool, but my room was horrid. It was hot inside, there was no toilet paper, the tap in my bathroom didn't work (and nothing was done about it), and I suspect there were flees or bed bugs, because I had them jumping all over me after I left! The hotel is in a bad area and their tours have a bad rep in Campo Grande.

Iguassu Eco Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

The location is fantastic and the property beautiful, but the room was cramped, there was no ladder for the top bunk, and they only provided a blanket and not a sheet for the bed. Also there was no locker to secure my important processions. The staff were friendly and helped when they could, but sometimes were unhelpful when it came to providing information about tours and activities to do at the falls. Breakfast was great.

Curitiba Casa Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

This is the perfect hostel! I felt like I was at home. I recommend it to everyone!

Backpackers Share House Floripa

Florianopolis, Brazil

This is my second time in this hostel, and it's still great. Its the location and the people that make this place. Its right on the beautiful Barra da Logao, and there is always something to do (at least when I was there in Spring). Its a very social hostel and I went out every night I was there and made lots of friends. Its a guaranteed good time.