Reviews: tkelenitsky

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 32

Ghandi Backpackers Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

Clean, quiet, atmosphere. Kitchen was fully stocked and fully capable of cooking big meals. Rooms were clean and tidy. The pool and pool table were a huge bonus. Plenty of room to roam free. But lacking the attendance I thought this place would have. No one around, but I guess thats the holidays for ya! Also, no wifi, but they did have paid internet kiosk. Would I recommend? Absolutely

Melville International Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

Calm quiet atmosphere. Great location walking distance of all amenities and 7th street restaurant and bars. Great wifi. Only had a issue with someone in the dorm (or not) getting into everyone's bags and taking money. Never caught the individual. Clear it was a guest and not an employee. Hostel did everything in there power to rectify the situation. Ultimately is was my fault for leaving the money in my bag. Safe available for valuables. Would I return, Yes! And I did again.

Zebra Crossing

Cape Town, South Africa

Good simple clean hostel. Cheap simple cafe. Seems like a decent alternative to the Backpack next door. More of the pace for an older traveler or someone looking for a quiet alternative. Would I recommend, yes.

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

Best hostel in town. Great atmosphere, staff, bar, facilities, location. Staff went above and beyond in every situation to ensure I was having a great time. Plenty of suggestions for things to do around town as well. Ended up extending my stay to a week here. Would I return? Absolutely. Book in advance!

A large well maintained hostel in the hills of Genoa. Great value for the price, clean facilities, very friendly and helpful staff, lots of room in the common areas and in the dorms themselves. Not a party hostel. Only issues I had were the lockout of rooms from 10am on (This is common with some larger hostels though) and the location was a bit out of the way...30 min bus ride from the train stations. Would I recommend this place to another avid hostel jumping traveler....YES.

Hostel Emanuel

Split, Croatia

A small brand new, well maintained hostel within a SHORT (5 min walking) to the city center. CLEAN! Very friendly and helpful couple owns and runs this making you feel very welcome. Not a party hostel, if that is what you are looking for. My one condition I had was the smaller common area space which inhibited socializing with others. The rooms themselves are quite spacious and comfortable. Would I recommend this place to another avid hostel jumping traveler....YES.

Dubrovnik Youth Service

Dubrovnik, Croatia

A small apartment run by a woman and her family. The room was clean and maintained. The woman is quite helpful and did my laundry for free. My large gripe about this is the location, it is very far away from the old city, bus station, ferry terminal etc, 15 min + bus ride. It is however close to another smaller restaurant and bar scene on the peninsula. Would I recommend this place to another avid hostel jumping traveler, unfortunately no due to the location.

Hostel Ljubicica

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Location location! You can walk to most everything with the exception of the war tunnel. The hostel itself is a little run down, but has character which is befitting of Sarajevo. A good social common area adjacent to the kitchen and computer room. The computers are free. The showers are a little tight and dated, but you have warm water and its relatively clean. As with all of Sarajevo no water from 12 midnight to 5 am. Would I recommend this to another avid traveler, yes.

As with all Wombats, good bang for the buck. Can be a party hostel if you want it to be. Big spacious beautiful rooms. The top floor had an amazing view.

Equity Point Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Amazing value for your money. Brand new and very clean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful! Even help me ship some items that I had left there accidentally. I highly recommend this to anyone traveling through Prague.

San Fermin

San Sebastian, Spain

A clean hostel in the middle of the old city center. Too many beds packed into too small rooms. I've been in tight hostels before, but this is ridiculous. No common area at all. Would I recommend this to another avid traveler, no.

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

Amazing location right next to the medina. The hostel has a great community area and a good vibe. My only gripe is the staff had promised to pick me up from the train station since I was arriving in the middle in the night. They failed to show and I had to take a taxi. Would I recommend this to another avid traveler, Yes.