Zebra Hostel

Milan, Italy

Overall, my stay with Zebra Hostel was not an enjoyable one. We arrived early and there was not a secure place to store our backs prior to checking in. The employee working stated we could leave our bags in the lobby - open to everyone. When checking in, we noticed there was a mosquito problem (so many mosquitoes in the building that the staff has their own electric racket to kill them!) My friend and I each woke up with over 7 or 8 mosquito bites each. Would not stay here again.

Alloggi Gerotto Calderan

Venice, Italy

This hostel was very average. It is not really a B&B because you have to pay for breakfast (at a discounted rate at the cafe next door) - fyi, it doesn't open until 8am but has good croissants and cafe. We had to share one room key with the other people staying in our room which wasn't a problem but we would have preferred if there were some sort of lockers or safe in the room for security.

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

We had a great time at the Freedom Traveller! The staff was helpful, there was a free pizza night, and also an all-you-can pasta night for 5 euros that included a glass of wine or beer. Just a few blocks from the train station and easy to find, this is an ideal spot for backpackers. The only issue we had with the hostel was the showers did not work for two of the nights we were there, but hopefully this was a rare problem for them.