• USA, Female, 18-24
Smart Russell Square Hostel, London, England
26th Aug 2013

I stayed in a mixed dorm room for 1 night while traveling alone. I would not return to this hostel unless I was desperate. They made me wait 20 minutes before checking me in (even though I was there after check-in time), my locker key didn't work at first, my roommates seemed sketchy, so I slept with my suitcase on my bed (and all other items in my locker). I have stayed in other mixed dorm hostel rooms and had much better experiences for similar costs. I would look elsewhere!

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Sometimes, due to workload and other guest checking in/asking questions, other guest have to queue. We are sorry for this inconvenience but there is nothing we can do about it. We do not have an influence on the appearance of the guest staying with us. Hope you will come and visit us again and change your opinion. SRS Staff

• USA, Female, 18-24
Hatters Hostel- Liverpool, Liverpool, England
23rd Aug 2013

This was my 1st shared room experience in a hostel, and it was my 1st time in Liverpool. I was traveling alone and I stayed in a 14-bed mixed dorm room for 3 nights. The roommates I met were all nice. Everyone kept to themselves, was quiet and considerate, and all my belongings were safe. The staff was friendly in giving me directions and recommendations of places to go. If I return to Liverpool, I will definitely stay at Hatter's!