Reviews: taymaybay

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 23

I enjoyed my stay here. It's not the Ritz, but for the price and location, I feel it was the best place I could get. Despite the place being old, all the facilities worked great and they have fast wifi. Whenever you leave, don't forget your key! The staff will expect you to leave it with them anytime you leave. The staff themselves are very sweet... if you follow their rules. The older gentleman who runs the hotel is a pro at origami, so it's a good way to strike up a conversation with him.

Aso Base Backpackers

Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan

Aso Base Backpackers is literally a 2 min. walk from the train station and very easy to find. The hostel itself is beautifully decorated and homey-feeling. You can't check in until 4 P.M. when they open the receptionist desk, but you are welcome to leave your items until then. Also, for those who are more sensitive to the cold/ its getting close to winter, if you book a dorm room, there is no heating. This is a great place to be if you are looking to be social. I had a great time!

Hotel Kaga

Osaka, Japan

While most would agree it is not in the best of areas, I feel the price is worth it. Not once did I feel unsafe. Also, it is a very close walk to the JR stations and only a 10-15 minute walk to the more touristy parts of Osaka. The staff were very kind and sweet people. Not the best place if you are wanting to meet other people, but traveling solo or with a group, I think this is a great place. I would stay here again.

Hotel Bronckhorst

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hotel is in a great location, just a 2 minute walk to the museum district. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room is very small, so be prepared to adjust. But, I felt it was worth the amount.

Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen

Amsterdam, Netherlands

For a first time trip to Amsterdam, its very easy to find the location. It's in a lovely place, very close to several attractions. The tram stop is only a 5 min. walk, or most other locations (like Dam Square or the Museum District) are a 10-15 min. walk. I originally was only going to stay at the Stayokay for the first part or my trip, but I enjoyed it so much, I cancelled my other hostel and extended my stay. It can be a little pricey, esp on the weekends, but I feel the location is worth it.

Thank you for your great review!! And recommandation! Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you extended! Kind Regards, Stayokay Stadsdoelen