Hostel Independencia, Mendoza, Argentina
7.1
3rd Jul 2013

The staff were incredibly nice and friendly but all seemed to live slightly in fear off the aggressive owner.The location is perfect,walking distance to the centre and bars close by.The breakfast was one of the best we've had with eggs and pancakes as part of the selection.The hour of free wine in the evening is a great idea but felt it could have been executed better as felt it lacked the social gathering it could have been.There was a strong smell of gas when we were there but lovely building.

The strong smell of gas is gone now. Yes, I do get agressive when people like you come into my lovely Hostel and have sex in the dorms and I have to deal with all the complaints, that is why I had asked you to leave. Please do that in your own home, get a hotel room or stay at Millhouse. I personally and several other guests found your behaviour very disgusting. Manuela

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
Baluch Backpackers Hostel, Cordoba, Argentina
26th Jun 2013

This has been one of my favourite hostels on my trip so far. All the staff are so friendly and helpful. The hostel is in a gorgeous old building, 2 blocks from the main square. Despite the building being old, everything is spotless. There is a great kitchen and common area which makes it very social. The roof top was brilliant, we had the asado bbq on the friday night which was delicious, all you can drink wine as well :) For breakfast, eggs are on offer for you to cook. stay here....its great!

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
14th Jun 2013

Great hostel to stay in while in B.A. really nice breakfasts and lovely staff who had loads of information to give us on things that were going on in the city. We ended up staying an extra 4 days here. San Telmo is a great spot to stay, lots of character. This hostel is more like a hotel, with small 4 bed dorms with ensuite. The showers were the best i have had on my trip, great water pressure and hot. Its always busy so book ahead to avoid disapointment

Hey there girls!! It was lovely having you here and thanks for your comments!!

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
Timbo Posada, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
8th Jun 2013

Brilliant location, right down the road from the bus station. The staff were all so friendly and couldn't have been more accommodating. Delicious breakfasts and chilled out atmosphere. I'd really recommend this hostel.

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel, Florianopolis, Brazil
1st Jun 2013

We had the best time at barra beach club. The staff were so friendly and made our stay really enjoyable. The breakfasts are brilliant. Really nice rooms, every bed has an individual reading light and storage drawer.....it's the small things! Free caipirinha every night, which were the best I've had in brazil and a great way to socialise. Then, an all you can eat dinner which was really good value and delicious. Also free surf boards/ Body boards.....really can't fault this place.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
Mellow Yellow Villa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6.9
15th May 2013

great party hostel in a great location really close to copacobana beach. really helpful staff.