Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Lemon Spirit is one of the best hostels in the world. Was here back in 2010 and came back for the World Cup. The place is a lot cleaner and nicer than it was then. Amazingly nice, helpful, and fun staff. Perfectly located. Hope to be back soon.

If you are looking for a party hostel, this is perfect. There is a bar downstairs and every night there is a different party. If that is not your scene, you will not like this place.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I've stayed at many hostels in many continents, and I can say, without much doubt, this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. To start, the rooms, the common space, the bathrooms, etc were all very high quality and very well kept. The staff was incredibly helpful, kind, and friendly. But most importantly, the hostel had a great atmosphere. It was nice just chilling out in the common space, or at the indoor pool.

Smile Society

Bangkok, Thailand

This place has a great location and really nice facilities. If you are looking for a clean, quiet place to stay this is perfect. However, the atmosphere was a bit lacking. The place always felt a bit empty and it was difficult socializing with other people (I was alone, so I was looking to make a buddy or two). Overall I enjoyed my stay, and would recommend the smile society.