LPQ Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

A good functional hostel to stay for a couple of nights. Close to the city centre, night markets, bars and restaurants. The beds were comfy and air-conned during the night but the rooms (I stayed in an 8-person dorm) were tiny so that it was quite tricky to get anything out of the bag when you were alone. Impossible with seven other people in the room.

• 21st Jun 2014

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

A young friendly hostel. Very close to the night markets and the town centre. Lots of young travellers hanging out here.

• 15th Jun 2014

Clockwise Hostel

Penang, Malaysia

It is a great hostel and I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. When I stayed there it had just opened and it didn't have any communal areas to chill, but the guys in the hostel were working very hard to create a cozy cafe downstairs. I imagine it will be finished very soon and it will look fantastic. All staff very friendly.

• 30th May 2014

Kamin Bird Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Kamin Bird is a good hostel to stay in Bangkok that provides excellent value for money. It is conveniently located approx 10 minutes walk from a tube station. The rooms are clean and air-conditioned with comfortable beds and free towels changed daily. The owners Ying and herJapanese husband are fantastically helpful. Within a walking distance there are shops and eating places serving affordable and tasty thai meals.

• 1st May 2014

Hope your trip will be well and also your work too. Thank you to believe to stay in my place If there's anything mistake we are apologize for that. we hope to welcome you again in future.Thank you beautiful :-x :-x

A had a fabulous week at The Art Beach, and Camila and Mariana were fantastic hosts. The location is perfect for surfers, about 10 minutes walk from the best surfing beach in Buzios. The high street with shops and cafes and other beaches are also easy to get to by a mini bus which departs about 100 yards from the hostel, every minute or so throughout the day and night.

• 25th Oct 2013

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is right on the Copacabana beach within a walking distance to Ipanema. The staff were fantastic - super helpful. I would happily stay there again.

• 21st Oct 2013

Margouya Patagonia

Puerto Varas, Chile

It was a fantastic hostel, the best I stayed in South America. Full of character, with log fires in the communal area as well as the bedroom. The owner was super helpful. I would happily stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Mamatierra Hostel

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

I enjoyed my stay at Mamatierra. The staff are friendly and helpful, and speak English. The breakfast is delicious and you can make yourself tea, coffee or hot chocolate throughout the day. There are also good cooking facilities and a fridge for those who wish to cook. The rooms are nice and clean with a nice sunny patio. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the high street and it is safe to walk after dark.

• 11th Jun 2013

Hostal Marsella

Quito, Ecuador

I was very happy with this hostel. I stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. It was very clean and the staff were extremely helpful. I was able to leave some of my luggage for a few days when I did a trip to the Galapagos. The hostel is located equal distance from the old town, which is lovely, and the new bit of Quito. I will add that my room was overlooking a fairly busy road.

• 17th May 2013