A had a fabulous week at The Art Beach, and Camila and Mariana were fantastic hosts. The location is perfect for surfers, about 10 minutes walk from the best surfing beach in Buzios. The high street with shops and cafes and other beaches are also easy to get to by a mini bus which departs about 100 yards from the hostel, every minute or so throughout the day and night.

• 25th Oct 2013

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is right on the Copacabana beach within a walking distance to Ipanema. The staff were fantastic - super helpful. I would happily stay there again.

• 21st Oct 2013

Margouya Patagonia

Puerto Varas, Chile

It was a fantastic hostel, the best I stayed in South America. Full of character, with log fires in the communal area as well as the bedroom. The owner was super helpful. I would happily stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Mamatierra Hostel

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

I enjoyed my stay at Mamatierra. The staff are friendly and helpful, and speak English. The breakfast is delicious and you can make yourself tea, coffee or hot chocolate throughout the day. There are also good cooking facilities and a fridge for those who wish to cook. The rooms are nice and clean with a nice sunny patio. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the high street and it is safe to walk after dark.

• 11th Jun 2013

Hostal Marsella

Quito, Ecuador

I was very happy with this hostel. I stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom. It was very clean and the staff were extremely helpful. I was able to leave some of my luggage for a few days when I did a trip to the Galapagos. The hostel is located equal distance from the old town, which is lovely, and the new bit of Quito. I will add that my room was overlooking a fairly busy road.

• 17th May 2013