Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great vibrant place near the beach. The main area is a great meeting place as well, and activities arranged by the hostel are nice. Some staff members could be a bit more proactive with a smile, but when you'll ask them something they will help you. Dorms are basic, but good, have lockers in the room and in some main areas as well. Ladies are cleaning all day. Unfortunately for myself I got bed bugs during my stay .....

Hostel Bambu Mini

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Perfect place with friendly

Casa Arbol

Cafayate, Argentina

Perfect family-owned place for an overnight stay! Personnel is friendly, helpful. Place is clean. Just didn't really liked the beds in the dorm. For 80 pesos a night, maybe the best value I got for my pesos this trip.

Punto Urbano

Mendoza, Argentina

Nice, chill, vibrant place. Rooms are well sized and beds are quite comfy. Beautiful 'garden' to sit in and twice a week a BBQ for 120 pesos including wine. Go cycling in Maipu bodegas instead of booking an arranged tour!

Thanks for your comment Rob! Cheers! Punto Urbano Staff

Hostel 41 Below

Bariloche, Argentina

Just a beautiful place, where you feel welcoming from the moment you walk in. Staff is amazing and helpful, rooms are well sized, beds are good, bathrooms clean. Common area is one of the best meeting areas, in setup, which I've seen in Argentina. Probs for Leonardo and Sylvia that do a really good job!

Hostel Nakel Yenu

El Calafate, Argentina

Just stayed here for one night. When you come in you feel your entering something like a main 'house room' with people sitting on the couches: Nice. Staff is very helpful, place is clean, nice vibe. Only thing I didn't like was the dorm itself. Simply too many beds on a few square meters. It's a little bit 'off town', like 5-10 minutes, but I didn't see that in anyway as a problem.

Marcopolo Inn Calafate

El Calafate, Argentina

Stayed in this place for 1 night before heading to the Perito Moreno Glacier (which is absolutely beautiful!). 'Hostel' is nothing special, lady behind the reception not talking English, a lot of kids running around all day (as this is also their house!). Just no real vibe or welcoming feeling at all for a backpacker. Facilities not bad though.

Patagonia Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

Just a really, really nice place to stay in this mountain town. Good, clean room. Nice facilities. Friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast in the restaurant next door for only 70 pesos is absolutely beautiful. Hostel also offers a nice MTB ride from Lago del Desierto to El Chalten (40 km). Next to this I hiked Laguna Torre, which is really nice (apart from the weather I faced!). City itself is a bit quiet bit still has a nice offering in restaurants. Good steak at El Muro.

Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn, Argentina

Place is secure, beds and bathrooms are good, and clean. Staff is helpful. Breakfast really nice as well! Unfortunately I didn't like the city itself or the offered tours too much - Big boats (70 people) in which I more had the feeling I was 'chasing' whales then 'experiencing' them in their own habitat. There are however a nice coffee and helado place just around the corner!

Hi there, thanks a lot about all what you write about us ,hope you're enjoying the trip now. Excuse us cause may be our mail and arrival explanations were not so clear about reduced people trips posibilities, or our own car rental, or our bike rental, or the kayak trips, or estancias visit..... Seems that you're complaining about your desitions and rating us for those.

Chill House

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A really nice, vibrant, and not too large place to stay. The building and the rooms are nice with high ceilings, but the most wonderful thing of Chill House is the staff that really makes you feel at home, help you when necessary, and give you nice insider tips. A good place to head to after a long flight to BA. Beds in the 4p dorm (there are only 2 of such) are comfy.

I had a really nice stay in this J-Hoppers. Friendly staff, helping out. Nice, comfortable rooms with lockers & airco. A chill spot to drink and eat something, as well as an inhouse beer vending machine :P. Next to the J-Hoppers I would also recommend Hiroshima to visit on a Japan trip. The people are awesome & crazy, everything around the A-Bomb is impressive and presented well, Miyajima is nice for half a day trip.

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you had good time in Hiroshima. We are looking forward to seeing you again in here!!!!!

I had a really nice stay in this hostel. It;s one of the bigger ones I stayed in in Japan. Hostel has all facilities and friendly staff. The bar downstairs is ideal for a little continental breakfast for only 680y. The community room and rooftop terrace are also cool, although it's a pity that you're no longer allowed on the roof after 9pm, because of incidents where neighbors were complaining about noise. Al in all, thumbs up for this K's House.

I forgot to book a hostel for saturday in Kyoto, which was my own stupidity. With this hostel being my only budget option I took it. It was ok, but not more then that. Its next to a busy street, which will lead to some sound effects in the 10p dorm downstairs.

Guesthouse Namaste

Kanazawa, Japan

This is a nice resthouse in beautiful Kanazawa, ran by a friendly guy whose name I forgot. I slept in an original Japanese room by myself which was nice variation on dorms. There's however not really a vibe that hit me. Conclusion: Nice value 4 money, max. gor 1 night (which is also enough for Kanazawa)

J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse

Hida Takayama, Japan

A nice, relaxing place to crash, when you want to do some sightseeing in Kamikochi or Shirakawa-go. Clean place, Good/Helpful staff, Great location.

We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at J Hoppers Takayama. We hope to see you again in the future!

One of the better hostels I have stayed (in my life). Nice, comfortable dorms with good beds and a personal locker. The staff is friendly and helpful, but one of the best things about NUI is the atmosphere in the bar. Very relaxed with foreigners and Japanese mixing up when enjoying a drink.