I had a really nice stay in this J-Hoppers. Friendly staff, helping out. Nice, comfortable rooms with lockers & airco. A chill spot to drink and eat something, as well as an inhouse beer vending machine :P. Next to the J-Hoppers I would also recommend Hiroshima to visit on a Japan trip. The people are awesome & crazy, everything around the A-Bomb is impressive and presented well, Miyajima is nice for half a day trip.

• 10th Jul 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you had good time in Hiroshima. We are looking forward to seeing you again in here!!!!!

I had a really nice stay in this hostel. It;s one of the bigger ones I stayed in in Japan. Hostel has all facilities and friendly staff. The bar downstairs is ideal for a little continental breakfast for only 680y. The community room and rooftop terrace are also cool, although it's a pity that you're no longer allowed on the roof after 9pm, because of incidents where neighbors were complaining about noise. Al in all, thumbs up for this K's House.

• 7th Jul 2013

I forgot to book a hostel for saturday in Kyoto, which was my own stupidity. With this hostel being my only budget option I took it. It was ok, but not more then that. Its next to a busy street, which will lead to some sound effects in the 10p dorm downstairs.

• 6th Jul 2013

Guesthouse Namaste

Kanazawa, Japan

This is a nice resthouse in beautiful Kanazawa, ran by a friendly guy whose name I forgot. I slept in an original Japanese room by myself which was nice variation on dorms. There's however not really a vibe that hit me. Conclusion: Nice value 4 money, max. gor 1 night (which is also enough for Kanazawa)

• 5th Jul 2013

J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse

Hida Takayama, Japan

A nice, relaxing place to crash, when you want to do some sightseeing in Kamikochi or Shirakawa-go. Clean place, Good/Helpful staff, Great location.

• 3rd Jul 2013

We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at J Hoppers Takayama. We hope to see you again in the future!

One of the better hostels I have stayed (in my life). Nice, comfortable dorms with good beds and a personal locker. The staff is friendly and helpful, but one of the best things about NUI is the atmosphere in the bar. Very relaxed with foreigners and Japanese mixing up when enjoying a drink.

• 2nd Jul 2013