Astor Hyde Park

Definitely not my favorite place I stayed. It's hard to sleep when a couple is in the bed next to you and drunk guys are coming in after 1AM. If you like to party, I guess this place is fine, but I will never stay there again. However, they are really great about letting you store your luggage in a locked closet before you check in and after you check out (for 24 hours). That was the one plus.

Anabelle's Guest House

Bath, England

I loved staying at this bed & breakfast! It was literally a 2 minute walk from the train station. I arrived a little early to check in, but they let me keep my bags there and they hauled them up to my room for me while I was out seeing sites. The breakfast was really good and the staff was just so nice. I don't think there are any ensuite rooms, but there was a bathroom 1/2 flight of stairs above and below your room, so I never had any problems with not being able to use a bathroom when I needed

This was our first hostel experience and it was pretty good. The bedroom was very bare bones and basic, but it worked out fine. The bathroom was right across the hall, so that was convenient, but there were no towels, so make sure you bring your own. The location wasn't the best because it was VERY far from the city center. It wasn't that far of a walk to the metro, but it really was the last stop on that metro line. The Korean couple who runs it are very nice and we liked the simple breakfast.

• 27th May 2013