Backpacker Myanmar

Yangon, Myanmar

Lovely hostel in good location. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I skipped the free breakfast of packaged coffee tea or sweet buns, much better options outside. The bathroom/toilet rooms were a bit stuffy. I would come back

• 1st Dec 2014

Astor Museum Inn

This hostel felt like a student flat to me. Nice staff behind the counter 24/7. Also expect 24/7 noise - I'm a good sleeper but struggled here with music, people talking in the courtyard under the bedroom window and those horrible noisy luggage cages. They stripped the beds without warning us and I lost my sleeping bag liner in the process. They have not replaced it or reimbursed me. Not impressed.

• 26th Jul 2014

Abhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Enjoyed my stay at Abhostel. The 5 bed dorm was a great light but cool room. The hostel was quiet. Bridgette seemed to make things difficult when other guests asked her for help. The young Canadian lady who works there is awesome though :)

• 22nd Jul 2014

If you bring unregistered people in our hostel I can be difficult :) It s not allowed, it s illegal ! We like to think of the safety of our guests!! Great that you also liked our place !

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

Best hostel I've stayed in ever! And I've stayed in at least 20. It was everything a hostel should be - great central location, social, friendly staff, great value! Recommend it to everyone

• 24th Jun 2014

Great location, friendly staff, room and bathroom small but ok. Only when I got off at the Gare du Nord stop from Orly airport n the RER B it was a 20min walk not 2 min. Maybe they could put in their directions which exit to take at the metro station.

• 13th Jun 2014

Auberge NOLA

New Orleans, USA

Didn't like it at first but grew to love it. It lacked a social aspect with no well utilised common socialising area, and wifi didn't work in my room. no maps available and limited information on New Orleans in general, no organised activities. Breakfast was coffee, tea, toast, peanut butter and jelly. Rooms were large, quiet, beds fine, airconditioning was turned on pretty cold durin the day and evening, but off in the early morning so was sometimes stuffy when waking up. Location ok.

Im glad you grew to enjoy my place. We do have our outside courtyard which many people seem to hang out in, but alot of people do miss that its even there. You are right about the maps and I am working on a solution for that. We do have a dry erase board by the door as you leave that has suggested activities for each night of the week as well as a Pub Crawl on Saturdays. Sorry about your experience with the AC. They are set on a certain temp and should always maintain that, I dont turn off.