• USA, Female, 25-30
Youth Hostel Meetingpoint, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6.9
29th Jul 2013

This hostel is relatively cheap, located on an awesome street with plenty of shops and food, and a couple blocks away from the street with prostitutes (so it was busy, but not SUPER busy). My only complaint is that the place is not very clean. I saw staff vacuuming on multiple occasions, but it didn't really help, and the bathrooms are so bad that you HAVE to wear flip flops in the shower. Whenever I go back to Amsterdam, I'll likely shell out more money for a private room in a nicer place.

• USA, Female, 25-30
Luxembourg City Hostel, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
6.0
23rd Jul 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the place was pretty clean. The lockers in the dorm rooms were WAY too tiny. We both had normal backpack-across-Europe-while-not-bringing-a-lot-of-stuff bags, and there was no way to fit them in. Also, WiFi only worked in the main room on the first floor, which was inconvenient. The main problem, however was the fact that you had to walk up a giant hill to get to the bus stop. It was pretty horrible, but that's kinda Luxembourg, I guess.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
Barmy Badger Backpackers, London, England
7.4
14th Jul 2013

The hostel is a few blocks away from the underground, which was great. It was very clean and the staff was very nice to us. My only complaints are that the Wifi is pretty spotty, and only works on the first floor (our room was on the fifth, which sucked). Also, there seem to be too many beds per floor since sometimes we had to wait an hour for the bathroom to be available. A fan in the bedrooms would also be appreciated (it was very hot when we stayed).

Thank you for your review! It was unseasonably hot when you stayed and we did try our best to buy a fan, but everywhere was sold out. We were having problems with the WiFi on the top floor at that time which we do apologise for.