Grapevine Central

Brighton, England

It was a basic hostel which is what I expected for the money but the light was out in the toilet for three of the nights I was there. And the bathroom was dirty the fixing for the shower head was broken for three nights I was there but fixed for the last night. Just cleaning the floors more and hovering the stairs would make a difference. Bed linen and towels very good and clean. Staff nice and helpful. I stayed in on left hand side of reception in female dorm.

• 31st Aug 2015

London Backpackers

The hostel was basic as you would expect for the price but it is manageable and I only had one problem that I was on the third bunk up and am scared of heights so the second night I was moved to the bottom bunk. Otherwise it was ok.

• 8th Jun 2013

The hostel is situated next to the station, which makes it easy to find, it also in walking distance of the reichstag and brandunburg gate, it feels like a very safe area. The hostel is more like a hotel, while there is a kitchen for guests to use and internet terminals (2 euro 1hr ), there isnt a place to sit and relax without feeling like you need to purchase a drink, there is bar, also it is a very busy reception area, as a lone traveller not so easy to relax and meet people. But very clean

• 17th May 2013