Mama Brasil Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
12th Nov 2013

What a lovely hostel! I stayed in this homely, peaceful & friendly place for a week and of the 5 São Paulo hostels I've stayed in, and the 20+ hostels in Brazil (it's a long trip!), this is definitely my favourite so far! The owners are friendly & super-helpful; their pet cockatiel - Pipoca - likes to sit on your shoulder while you're relaxing in their little bar/lounge area and back garden. Plus the bedrooms are comfy & quiet, bathrooms always clean. Absolutely love this little place! :)

The Adventure Brew Hostel, La Paz, Bolivia
13th Aug 2013

Great place in a central location and with super-friendly, helpful staff.

El Jardin Hostal, Asuncion, Paraguay
6th Aug 2013

A lovely little slice of peace & quiet in Asuncion's generally noisy mayhem. This hostel has the cutest little dog called Nigrita who took such a liking to me that she curled up in my backpack to sleep whenever I was around and whenever she saw me, would run up so excited that her back legs were trying to overtake her front. The hostel has a lovely garden courtyard full of artesanal wooden furniture which is perfect for relaxing in, a lovely well-equipped kitchen and super-nice owners. Do like:)