Reviews: jvorkapich

Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 24

St Christopher's Camden

Very nice hostel. Camden is an excellent place to stay, so it can't get better than an "excellent" rating for that. Good atmosphere, but bar closes so you eventually have to move downstairs to the chillout room. It's still pretty nice. Staff were helpful and very friendly. They shared their Jager with me while I was staying there. Security is good, as with other St. Christopher's hostels. Keycard access to rooms and cages underneath the beds for storing possessions. I'd recommend it!

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi, thanks for your review. We are glad you had a good time and enjoyed your stay. see you again soon

Pretty good location as it's just off the Metro line. Security is good, as with other St. Christopher's, because the hostel is run in many ways as a hotel. This hostel is very cool because it has a nice bar, is located right on a canal (nice view during sunset), has a good atmosphere, and is pretty clean. Average price. I'd recommend staying here if in Paris for a few days.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experiences so we really appreciate you took the time to reply. We are really happy to see you had a great time with us. If you do have any ideas of what we could do to make things even better we would love to know. We really want to be the best hostel we can be and are always looking to improve, so we genuinely will look forward to hearing your reply. Best regards, Your St-Christopher's Team Paris

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff at hostel as well as bar are amazing. Location is one of the best you could find in Amsterdam as it's right on the Vondelpark—so beautiful! They have bikes for rent, which is convenient. This makes getting anywhere downtown extremely quick. Atmosphere in bar and chillout area is good. Great security, as with other St. Christopher's. I would highly recommend staying here as long as you're not looking for a hostel right in the city center.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your great response and rating! We are glad that you enjoyed our bar, atmosphere, bike rental and security! And yes, we have an awsome staff! We hope to see you again! Kind Regards, Anna Stayokay Vondelpark

Funny Palace Hostel

Rome, Italy

Really close to the train station! Staff were helpful, but they also work the laundromat, so they're on two separate jobs. I changed rooms while staying here. First room had great facilities, en suite washroom, and air conditioning. The second room didn't have any of this, but at least it had four fans (it was ~40ºC). Atmosphere is lacking because there is no real common room. The bottle of wine at check-in was a nice touch though! Would recommend if staying just a few days in Rome. Good value.

New Hostel Florence

Florence, Italy

I liked that they had single beds, not bunk beds. My room was across the street and had a balcony, so it was really good. The rooms in the main building didn't look as good. Excellent chillout area and the staff were all very friendly. Lockers and wifi in all the rooms. The fact that it's pretty close to the train station makes it desirable if you're just staying in Florence for a couple of days.

Zebra Hostel

Milan, Italy

Pretty average hostel. Staff were helpful though, and the atmosphere was good because they have wifi in the common room, a pool table, ping pong table, and 24 hr bar. The common room is the best part about this hostel—it makes it super easy to meet people. Besides that it's just a place to rest your head for a couple nights.

• 31st Jul 2013

Hedonist Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

I really enjoyed my stay at Hedonist. The staff is full of excellent, friendly people (even the cleaning lady)! I stayed here six or seven nights and wouldn't hesitate to return. The hostel is kept up very well and I felt at home. The common area is perfect and has a good vibe. They even have a flatscreen t.v. with a PS3 and movies/games in a separate room, which is unusual for a hostel, but cool. It's no wonder I met a few guests here who had stayed three or four times previously.

• 23rd Jul 2013

Haris Youth Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Haris is the man. He is so helpful, friendly and welcoming that you can't help but have a good time. Great facilities, nice shower, comfortable beds. Stocked kitchen and there's two outdoor patios (the top floor has an amazing view). It is up a bit of a hill, but if you're tired and don't want the exercise there are taxis at the bottom of the hill for only a few euros. I strongly recommend that you visit this hostel if in Sarajevo. You will not be disappointed. Free bbq on Sunday nights too!

• 19th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

First off, I would recommend this hostel.It is actually part of the actual Palace, which is very cool. However, the hostel does not have a kitchen (though you receive a discount at the restaurant). Security is average because anyone can walk in from the restaurant and go up the stairs to the rooms. Average price compared to other hostels. Staff were okay but not overly helpful. The showers are absolutely terrible! They are like garden hoses strapped to the walls. Okay other than that.

• 16th Jul 2013

Pozitiv Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Amazing hostel, great facilities, great staff, and a free rakija when you check-in. What more could you ask for? Pretty easy to find and the people working there were not only friendly, but very helpful. I enjoyed my stay here quite a bit and would recommend this hostel over any other in Zagreb. Plus, this hostel has Sven, so there's really no need to go to another hostel!

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

I strongly urge you to visit this hostel! While it is a bit far from the city center, there aren't many places where you can sleep in a yurt! The hostel has a really friendly, relaxed vibe and the staff are awesome people. Members of the staff even took time to go out with our group while I was there and visit the ruin pubs and Turkish baths.

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

I only stayed here one day but the hostel was excellent. The location is perfect for Bratislava, very central to everything. The staff took their time in explaining to me the best places to visit, and I met a lot of nice people in the common room area. The security is good, and even though a lot of the rooms are on upper floors, there is an elevator. The shower for my dorm was great, and the bathroom was in the room but separated. Highly recommend if travelling to Bratislava.

Margareten Hostel

Vienna, Austria

Met a lot of great people here. The owner is super-friendly and knowledgeable about the area. It's a bit far from the city center, but it's a plus if you're looking to chill out a bit. They have a kitchen, smoking area, common room, clean washrooms, free internet and computers, and free lockers. As a bonus, the beds are extremely comfortable. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Definitely enjoyed my stay here.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

This hostel operates like a hotel, so there is an elevator, with keycard access to the rooms. The atmosphere is good. The showers were fantastic, and the price was cheap for a dorm. They are located about a 20 minute walk from the downtown area, but the tram service is fine, so it's not a problem. Additionally, the hostel staff know a lot about what to do in Prague. Would stay here again.

One World Hostel

Krakow, Poland

One World Hostel was okay. The staff were excellent. Very friendly and helpful people. It's also extremely cheap so it's great if you're a backpacker on a budget. You need to buzz the door to get inside every time, which I didn't like, but someone was always at the desk. The kitchen backs onto the hallway that everyone uses to get to the washrooms. So if you're planning on cooking a lot that could be an inconvenience. Aside from picking out a couple things, I had a good stay at this hostel.

• 21st Jun 2013

Poco Loco Hostel

Poznan, Poland

Poco Loco is an awesome hostel. It's pretty close to the best spot for nightlife, which is about a 20 minute walk. The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful, the facilities are actually excellent in my experience. There are multiple showers, toilets, bins for padlocks, and the beds are comfortable. The kitchen is well-stocked and there is a balcony and awesome living room. Most of the staff are friends, so they hang out and like working there, which creates a very relaxed atmosphere.

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Those stairs! I'm reviewing this hostel for what it is: a sort of oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. It's up in a mountainous area. The view is just amazing, the staff members are friendly and helpful, the facilities are good, and the hostel has everything you could ask for. Didn't like that you have to pay eight euros for laundry. Everything else at this hostel was excellent. Got tired of climbing the stairs everyday but the atmosphere and scenery makes it worthwhile.

Dear friend, we were really glad to have u here, next time you can use the bus 39 to come to the hostel, its just in the corner! :) . Hope to see you again in Mellow Eco Hostel!

360 Hostel Malasaña

Madrid, Spain

The staff and events make this hostel. Everyone I met from the staff was so friendly, welcoming, and willing to show me around Madrid to experience the local scene. One of the staff members also went out two nights with a group from the hostel. They have free daily group events such as making mojitos, paella, tapas, etc. and that's a great way to meet new people. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel to get a feel for Madrid. Location is awesome as well.

Oporto City Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This was a nice hostel. It's right off the Trindade line, which is the main Metro line in Porto, so it's very convenient. Staff were nice. There is a common area which is put together nicely to create conversation and a good atmosphere. All of the facilities are clean/functional and there is a BBQ pit out back. Security is good with a door code and room keys. I only stayed here one night, but I would not hesitate to return.

• 30th May 2013

Hostel Gastama

Lille, France

Ended up staying a few extra days due to bad planning on my part. Didn't mind it one bit. There was more of the city to see (which the staff was happy to help with) and more friends to meet at this hostel. Very cool place. I highly recommend visiting.

• 26th May 2013

Hostel Gastama

Lille, France

This is probably the nicest hostel I've ever been to in terms of its facilities. The bar is also one of the most popular in town, so it has a lot of character and the locals are nice. However, what really hooked me at Hostel Gastama was the staff! I ended up staying here for five days and they definitely made some of my days. Big thanks to everyone at the front desk for putting a smile on my face every morning. :)

• 24th May 2013

Phoenix Hostel

The Phoenix is a nice hostel in a good area. It's safe outside, there's laundry, a pub, and a restaurant up the street. The staff are very friendly and it's pretty comfortable inside. The doors have security-coded locks on them, there are lockers available (bring a padlock), and the showers are hot. I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to others looking for cheap lodging while backpacking. Their £1.50 breakfast is a good deal if you load up!

• 17th May 2013