Great location, although the fact it's located on such a busy pedestrian road doubles your walking time. Staff seemed nonchalant, but were always helpful when needed. Our double room was fine and always clean. Only minor issue with it was the lack of more than one outlet slot by the bed. The free airport pickup and included breakfast saved us some money, especially because most things nearby were overpriced.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Laksameenarai Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Nice location, helpful staff. It's a quiet place but it's still easy to meet with others and party up at Khosan road literally around the block. The included breakfast (eggs/sausages/beans) was good to start the day.

• 27th Jun 2015

The Living Place 1

Chiang Mai, Thailand

If you're traveling alone or with a friend, this hostel is the perfect place to meet new people, have a great time and perhaps plan new trips with them. The location is within walking distance of the old city as well as the nightlife areas. Only downer were the plumbing issues that seemed to come up on the morning we checked out, which left all bathrooms the one on the main floor without running water. It didn't really affect us, but it must sucked for everyone else.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Velkommen Backpackers

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Perfect location, great staff, especially the laid back owner who is often around. Ask him anything!

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Globetrotter

Mediocre place to stay for cheap on a quick stopover. Good location, although signage could be better. As for the hostel itself, it was a tiny apartment with bunk beds and a tinier bathroom. Apparently there were more facilities in a separate apartment above ours, but it wasn't mentioned to us. The staff showed us how open the door and then disappeared for the rest of our stay. Also, blasting the A/C at full power while only providing super thin sheets meant we had to dress up to avoid freezing!

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Globetrotter

The guest paid $33.00 SGD for 2 persons. He knew he was checking into a budget dormitory. At least, he admitted that the room was super cool, but it was surprising he did not know how to use the Aircon remote controller. The WIFI is fibre optics at 1000 mbps, and there was a fridge and washing machine for his use. What else does he expect to get in a budget backpackers hostel than these?

Backpackers Hostel HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Good value for money in Hong Kong, great location, and staff always helpful enough with recommendations and inquiries. The double bedroom was really cramped, and with the bed tucked between three corners I always had to keep my knees folded (I'm not that tall, I swear!) WiFi was also generally poor in my room, but have a couple of computers if you really need internet connection.

• 28th May 2015

IchiEnSou

Kyoto, Japan

Great, warm guesthouse at a fantastic location. Staff was always very kind and helpful.

• 11th Jun 2014

PLUS Berlin

Berlin, Germany

The great facilities made the place feel more like a hotel than a hostel, but it still has the fun vibe often missing in the former. Liked the sauna and the pool (closed at 10pm), where they didn't seem to mind poolside drinking. Made good use of the late happy hour starting at 11pm I think. The location is a bit far from most of the sights, but with the metro and train station right nearby it wasn't really an issue. It's right next to various nice clubs too and the East Side Gallery.

• 17th Jan 2014

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great place and great people. I really enjoyed hanging out in the terrace, a nice place to hang out with a relaxed and friendly vibe, but also to party before going out. Good times!

• 10th Jan 2014

Hotel Joli

Florence, Italy

Hosts were very kind and warm. Just a block away from the train station, which was extremely convenient for us travelling by train. Too bad we just had to miss the free breakfast , because it looked appetizing!

• 4th Jan 2014

Cesare Balbo Inn

Rome, Italy

I've been more used to stayed at busy and noisy hostels, but a quiet and private place like this was exactly what we needed. Luca and Glenn were by far the most accommodating and helpful hosts I've ever met. My girlfriend really enjoyed the cappuccino with cocoa powder shaped in a flower that Glenn served us when showing how to use the coffee machine. They even left breakfast for us in our room for the next day since we were leaving early. Location was also perfect, 5 min walk to the Colosseum.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Nice hostel. Personal light and curtains on your bed were great. I'm glad we were able to do laundry, although it was a bit pricey. The location was fine with two underground stations close by, but the tube system wasn't as fast or reliable as I expected (on a Sunday it took us about an hour to go from Tower Hill St. to Finchlay Road St.). Also, I'm not sure if it was just bad timing, but reception seemed understaffed and it I had to wait quite a bit to ask for mundane things.

• 28th Dec 2013

Luna-Park Hotel

Paris, France

Great location! Having metro stations within two blocks was very useful.The place does actually have wifi, although not free. It costed €2 for 4 nights, so quite cheap. I disagree with the relatively low cleanliness rating. With daily room service, this place was certainly cleaner than most of the 90%-rated hostels on this website. I guess the cracked paint on walls gives this impression. One thing I didn't like was that toilet, sink, and shower were all kept separate, but it wasn't a big deal.

• 24th Dec 2013

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Never been at a hostel with a pillow fight!! So much fun, and great atmosphere overall, and those mini pizzas were great munchie food! The stairs did get annoying after a while, but I guess that's part of the experience :D

• 29th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you very much for your review! That night with the pillow fight was hilarious! See the stairs as a bit of exercise we didn't even charge you for! :) We hope to see you again next time you decide to travel to Amsterdam! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

Amazing and very helpful staff! We arrived very early in the morning. It was too early to check-in, but they let us have breakfast, leave our bags with them and take a much-needed nap on their couches. The event they organized for the night was also plenty fun and well planned. I really liked the printed instructions on how to get back from the club by tram. Cheers!

• 23rd Nov 2013

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

The bar was pretty interesting, although it had a band playing which meant there was no space to hang out inside. I usually don't mind loud hostels, but you could feel the bass vibrations in our room. Thankfully they stopped before 11pm since we had to wake up early. Also, anyone coming in from the bar could've easily entered the hostel area. Facility-wise, the lockers were really nice, spacious and included chargers; however, the shower arrangement was annoying (other reviews explain it well).

• 8th Nov 2013

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Awesome place! The free face paint for Halloween was a nice touch too!

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Awesome Guest Thank you !

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

It's a hostel. It's a pub. It's Ireland! What more do you need to know?

• 30th Oct 2013

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

I wish I could have spent more than 1 night here (and in Galway)! Staff were very welcoming and helpful to us.

• 29th Oct 2013

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Regardless of how great your facilities may be, having bed sheets that haven't been cleaned for many days and that are filled with hair is a dealbreaker for me. Unfortunately, that was the case for all 6 of us, so I doubt this was a mere mistake. We even pointed this out to the reception, who said they would fix this. When we came back in the night, we found out they had simply tucked in the bed sheets. As a result we chose to simply sleep on top of the eiderdown and dress up to stay warm.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We freshly make beds for new guests arriving of course, however we are more than happy to re-make beds (as we did for your group) if there is an issue. I'm sorry you felt like you had to sleep on top of the beds, but we did make them fresh for you, as requested. We hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise. Best wishes with the rest of your travels :-)

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Great location in the heart of the city, easy to meet new people and have fun. I wish the bathrooms had been cleaner though.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Great place to stay to meet new people and have fun. Great location as well.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Dubrovnik Youth Service

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Our apartment was great! Clean, furnished, and well kept. I don't think I would've survived without A/C. The manager and owner of the apartment were always nice and accommodating to us. Just make sure to thoroughly read the description and have a look at the map in the photos, and watch out for his email. I was in a bit of a hurry when booking and didn't do this, so it was a bit of a problem initially getting to our apartment (my fault).

• 31st Jul 2013

Lausanne Guesthouse & Backpacker

Lausanne, Switzerland

Really beautiful and clean hostel, with a nice garden. The lady in charge of the hostel was really kind and helpful to us.

• 27th Jul 2013

Inter-Hostel

Stuttgart, Germany

Nice spot, with very good location. Thanks to the staff for allowing an extra couple of us at the last minute, when all of Stuttgart hostels were filled up.

• 14th Jun 2013

City Public Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Great place, super friendly staff, and well kept facilities. Recommended!

• 30th May 2013

Youthhostel Luzern

Lucerne, Switzerland

• 25th May 2013

Cinque Terre Holidays

Cinque Terre, Italy

This hostel is more like a chain of separate yet nearby apartment houses. Nice to have bed sheets and room cleaned everyday. Just be prepared for lots of steep stairs. It's Cinque Terre after all!

• 18th May 2013