Budapest Bubble, Budapest, Hungary
4th Apr 2014

My family and I had a wonderful time staying at the Bubble! Olga and gang were incredibly friendly and welcoming and had more recommendations for food and sights than there are hours in the day. :) The hostel is tucked into a perfect spot in the center of town with access to everything. I would love to stay here again!

Valley Hostel, Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
15th Aug 2013

I stayed in one of the private rooms, so I cannot comment on the quality of the dorms, but the room I stayed in was fantastic! We had a wonderful view of the valley, a comfortable bed, and good facilities. The staff were always friendly and the hostel always clean. It's located in the center of everything. One of the best places I've ever stayed - I'll be back!

5.7
13th Aug 2013

I was thoroughly unimpressed by St. Christopher's. As a factory hostel, I didn't expect it to be homey, but it was less than acceptable. The elevator and the lock on my door were both broken (and have been for a while, based on reviews). The staff were friendly, but the facilities in need of maintenance. The party atmosphere made it nearly impossible to sleep. If you're looking to drink the night away instead of sleep, this may be the place for you. Otherwise, stay away.

Hi, Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. We're always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide for our guests and which is why your feedback is so important to us. We're really sad to hear that your stay was not as expected and we did acknowledge the issues mentioned which were fixed since and for that we are deeply sorry for the inconvenient suffered. We really want to be the best hostel we can be and are always looking to improve. Best regards.

23rd Jul 2013

Perminalen Hotel, Oslo, Norway
5.7
1st Jul 2013

I've been told there aren't any good hostels in Oslo, so if you're looking for an overpriced bed, this is a fine place to go. It was clean and the WiFi worked fine.

City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
28th Jun 2013

The rooms were fairly standard hostel rooms and the price was expensive (unfortunately, everything in Sweden is). But it had a very nice atmosphere, great service, and some excellent extra perks (good hostel events, nice kitchen, and free pasta!). I would definitely come back!

Hm, I'm a little confused... You liked City Backpackers, but because Sweden is expensive we can never get top ratings for value? This is the only hostel in Stockholm which provides the perks you mention, and still we don't have the highest prices. So if you do a bit of research before your next visit, you may actually change your mind and find you get good value for your money here! I can't wait to have you back and find out... Kindly Lena

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel, Galway, Ireland
24th Jun 2013

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. A slightly older crowd in the hostel, but still a good atmosphere for backpackers and very friendly staff. The facilities were almost like an upscale hotel. I will return!

Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
22nd Jun 2013

A warm hostel with great facilities. the atmosphere and other guests were excellent, but the staff was a little disengaged. The rooms were poorly ventilated, but in Dublin that doesn't matter much. I would return.

Thanks for your positive review. I'm not really sure what you mean by the staff being disengaged - we normally receive fantastic comments about our staff and their friendliness.

Fabrizzio Guesthouse, Madrid, Spain
21st Jun 2013

A converted apartment with an excellent view, friendly staff, and good facilities. the entrance was difficult to find (just a little label on an apartment door) and there was no one around when I needed to check out, but overall I had a good experience. Perfect location. I would stay here again.

The Garden Backpacker, Seville, Spain
17th Jun 2013

Best hostel I have stayed in. The free walking tours are informative and hilarious and the staff is wonderfully friendly. They have a great common area that's regularly populated and free sangria for an hour every night. A few of their extras (like bicycles and the pub crawl) are a bit expensive, but not unreasonable. I didn't try any other places in Sevilla, but I felt no need to. I'll be back!

• USA,
HelloBCN Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
14th Jun 2013

The Walrus Hostel, London, England
23rd May 2013

Oxford Backpackers Hostel, Oxford, England
22nd May 2013

The atmosphere was great, the staff friendly, the walls colorful, and guests lively. everything you might want from a hostel.

International Students House, London, England
6.9
20th May 2013

A very clean and safe place to stay, but uninteresting. If you're looking for a quiet place to sleep with little activity, this will work fine. Best part: underground station outside the building. Worst part: no atmosphere, and no WiFi to distract you from the fact no one is around.