Woodstock Hostel

Paris, France

Okay for one night. Showers are cold and there is no way to turn up the temperature. A bit run down and crowded feel. The rooms need large lockers or something. Rooms were just a huge mess with stuff everywhere!

Dear Lisa, Thqnk you time for leaving us a comment and staying with us Woodstock did experience a bad time with our water systeme We did leave a note at note at the front desk to offer a note and to offer to every guest the option to be in our other sister property for the same rate and conditions . We are sorry you did not come to us Please feel free to contact me for further question

Pension Amalur

San Sebastian, Spain

Perfect location and cosy hostel. The owner does not speak much English but even with my very little Spanish it is not a problem to communicate. He makes things easy to understand and goes out of his way to make your stay comfy. The bathrooms and rooms were always clean. Nice touch to have complimentary towels and the beds made daily. There isn´t a fully kitchen but a refrigerator, microwave and an area to prepare food. Enough for me. San Sebastian is known for the food so go out and explore.

Tattva Design Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Good facilities and location is central but a bit dark at night. Beds are nice and comfy but a bit short. Nice to have curtians, good lockers, night lights, and a shelf to put things on. Well designed. Showers were a bit grimy and need to be bleached...some mildew along the corners. Gross.

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Finn McCool's Giant's Causeway Hostel

Bushmills, Northern Ireland

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Check your credit card bills. Paid in cash but was charged as a no show on credit card!

Inverness Student Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Argyle Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Polish woman was very helpful and friendly, the rest of the staff seemed like they could not be bothered. Location is a bit out of the tourist area. The confirmation email I received from the hostel started off with book directly from us next time and full of warnings and possible charges for damages which actually made me want to cancel my reservation. It would have been helpful that they put useful information like how to get to the hostel and a warm welcome.

Thank you for your review, although we are surprised with the criticism of our staff. We have recently received an award for the Best Atmosphere 2013 and we value and maintain good relationship with our guests. The Terms & Conditions are by no means a warning, but merely simple, honest and upfront information about possible charges in order to avoid confusion and unnecessary ‘element of surprise’. There are directions to our hostel provided on all websites we feature on with additional map.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Great facilities but noisy. Next to a restaurant/bar so doesn't get quiet till around midnight midweek. Cubicles are great for privacy but sweltering hot in summer. Small window provides no ventilation so hard to sleep at night. Kitchen is nice but refrigerators were already jammed packed ans the hostel wasn't fully booked. It is a great place but maybe not in summer and bring ear plugs.

Ten minutes from the station. Best breakfast spread I have seen. Helpful and friendly staff. Couldn't ask for more.

Ten minutes from the station and fifteen minute ride to the main tourist sites. Good facilities but loud. The lockers are large but use key card so noisy. Seems like everyone in the room wakes up when the first person opens their locker in the morning. Doors are quite noisy too. Rooms are small but well designed. Staff needs training on customer service. One asked "May I help you?" And before I could say anything walked into the office and came back a couple of minutes later.

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Kitchen was a bit dirty and trash can always seemed to be overflowing. Drains in showers were clogged and always standing in a lot of water. Needs to be cleaned more often. Beds are very squeaky.

The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

It doesn't get better than this! Best hostel I have stayed in Europe. Staff are so helpful and know the city and neighborhood well. They are always going out of their way. Well designed bunks (no creaky beds), lots of power outlets, personal reading lamp, amazing shower, and huge kitchen. Highly recommend.

HomePlanet-Hostel

Leipzig, Germany

Youth Hostel Rothenburg o.d.T.

Rothenburg, Germany

Staff was quite rude and unhelpful, "Sorry but I am really busy right now..." First time to come across such a reply especially when working in customer service. Breakfast is nice. Facilities good. Internet is terrible. There are way better options in town especially if there are two of toy traveling for similar price as this hostel.

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Average hostel with institutional feel. Wifi is terrible, especially at night so don't plan on making any travel plans while at the hostel. Showers lack hooks or space for toiletries. If using the hostels info sheet to get to the hostel know it is outdated so double check the train times at the station.

Great hostel with helpful and friendly staff but to be honest being one of the most expensive hostels I expected a bit more. Breakfast is typical hostel food - white bread and cereal. Rooms were simple but clean. Mattress had mildew / mold in it. Would be nice to have duvets with changeable covers. There is no washing machine, fifteen minute walk to laundromat. Been traveling for awhile so maybe I am picky but just expected a bit more.

Archi Rossi Hostel