Chaltunha Hostel Flores Island

Flores, Guatemala

If all you want is a cheap bed in a good location, this is your place. The staff was nice, but they didn't speak any English. A/C didn't work. Wi-fi was slow and only in the "common room". It didn't really feel like a hostel. More like a cheap motel with 4 beds to a room. It's the little things that make a hostel good that would make it more hostel-like, like a book exchange, a receptionist that walks you through a map of the town and points out cool things to see and eat when you get there, etc

• 17th Aug 2014

TuboTulum Hostel

Tulum, Mexico

Really cool "hostel". I'm glad I went here. Very unique. However, it might be a little difficult to stay if you are traveling with a very large backpack or suitcases, there's only a small nook under the bed to put your stuff. Luckily we traveled very light so it was fine. It was nice having A/C for once in Mexico. Rent a bike in town! The town is less than 5 minutes away by bike, and the beach is about 15-20 minutes by bike. Great staff, too. I loved the hammocks, swings, and cats. :)

• 11th Aug 2014

Hostel La Candelaria

Valladolid, Mexico

One of my favorite hostels! I am absolutely in love with the outdoor garden and the atmosphere of the hostel. A great location in Valladolid, everything is a very short walk away, yet it's away from the busy main streets so it's quiet, and in a cute park by a cute old church. The photos of this place don't do it justice. It's really cute. Go to Valladolid and stay here! It was also a short walk to Cenote Zaci!

• 9th Aug 2014

Meson de Tulum

Cancun, Mexico

One of the most beautiful hostels I've been to. I LOVE the use of wood in the construction of this place. The garden is nice and it has a pool! :) It's a really nice place. This place was a nice quiet oasis in Cancun, just a short walk from the ADO bus station. I don't know why the rating is so low, it's definitely one of my favorite hostels, and I've been to a lot! Also, it's right next to an Oxxo convenience store, which was nice.

Sunshine Hostel

Rome, Italy

Pretty good hostel. It's a 10 or 15 minute walk from Termini. And maybe a 20 minute walk to the Colosseum. This is a home-y feeling hostel, it's situated in an apartment building. The owners are nice.

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Good hostel, and the location can't be beat!

Highlander Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Great hostel in a great location

Le Montclair Montmartre

Paris, France

Great hostel. No complaints. I loved that it was just steps away from a metro station

Woodstock Hostel

Good hostel, no complaints

thank you for your appreciation we wish you great travels best regards the Woodstock hostel

This place was awesome. I wish I could've stayed longer but it was fully booked. Great view of the Sacre Coeur from the balcony

Aloha Hostel

Paris, France

My only complaint is that the shower was ice cold! Worst shower of my life. And it's an automatic shut off kind so there's no temperature control and you have to keep pushing the button to get water. Also, since the wifi doesn't work in the rooms everyone was in the lobby glued to their phones and iPads. Hostel community is dead

Shelter Jordan

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel. No complaints at all. I like to drink sometimes, but it's nice that they don't allow alcohol, it means that you can get a good, peaceful nights sleep.

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

Best hostel. Amazing employees! Free dinner is the best! Its a lot of fun to help prepare dinner, eat with everyone and meet a lot of people and then drink afterwards. The employees really care about you and quickly become your friends. The hostel boss treated a few of us to beers at a cafe. Awesome people. Great location! You walk out the front door and see the Powder Tower and everything else is just a very quick walk away. Train and bus station is only 5 minutes walking too. Loved this place

Pretty good hostel in a very good location

MEININGER Frankfurt/Main Messe

Frankfurt, Germany

This place is brand new. It's soooo nice. It's in a good area and convenient to get to from the hauptbahnhof. It's not your typical hostel. It's basically a hotel where you share the room with strangers. It's very nice. TVs in the rooms, free towels. So nice.

Thank you so much for your feedback ;) We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay. Looking forward to welcoming you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels or on facebook.

Youth Hostel Rothenburg o.d.T.

Rothenburg, Germany

I think this was one of the coolest buildings in Rothenburg. It's a great hostel and they had a good breakfast. The only thing I didn't like was all the school kids there. So many school kids. They really took over the place.

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

It's okay. Wifi is super slow. It was really hot in my room it made it hard to sleep. And then a morbidly obese man hacked up a storm for over an hour in the middle of the night. Disgusting...but that's not the hostels fault. But it did make for the worst hostel experience of my life.

Great hostel. Excellent facility. It's a little far from the main train station but its definitely walkable, and not hard to find you just follow the street on the right side of the train station until you see the hostel. It's right in front if Augustiner Braühauss. The oldest brewery in München and the beer is waaaay better than hofbrauhaus. The beer hall there is excellent. If I come back to Munich one day, I will stay here!

Hotel Jungfrau

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

Incredible location. Outside of my window you could see the big waterfall and the mountains. It was simply incredible. Lauterbrunnen is a great place to stay in the valley. It is the prettiest town of them all so you definitely want to stay there. The only thing is you're staying in a dorm room you don't get a key. And the room smells a little funny. But it's probably just because the building is old, which is a good thing it adds character

Great hostel. I booked one night and then I loved it so I booked two more nights. Free breakfast, free laundry with the tokens the give you. Two outlets per person and more on the wall. Great fast wifi. Great staff. Comfy beds and comforters. Tons of stoves in the kitchen. Just a great place to stay as you go out and explore Switzerland. I'll be back!

Hostel Mido

Milan, Italy

This place was...interesting. They ask you if you want sheets and charge extra for them...but the sheets are already on the bed so I don't know how that works. The place is kind of a mess there's furniture and stuff in the hallways...my room smelled so bad. Like body odor and Indian food. But that's not the hostels fault. There isn't enough outlets for everyone, we had to take turns. I'm glad I was only there for one night. If your just looking for a bed, this place is fine. Wifi is good though

PLUS Camping Jolly

Venice, Italy

The price was great so I really can't complain. It was nice having a restaurant and market on the grounds. Internet was a pain because you have to enter a username and password every time you want to use it and it was really slow once you left the reception area. Other than that its great. And the showers are AMAZING

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

This was an ok hostel. Slow internet and it's rediculous that they charge extra for sheets. They wouldn't let me switch to a bottom bunk even though I was one of the first people to check in. They said the computer automatically chooses which bed number I am so they can't change it. It really made me feel like I was just a number to them.

Ostello del Chianti

Florence, Italy

Great, quiet hostel in Chianti. Good place to stay to take day trips to Siena, San Gimignano and other small Tuscan towns.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

It's an awesome facility, but I didn't like it. Is too big and impersonal. I felt like I was just a number at the front desk at check in. Everywhere else I've stayed the front desk has walked me through the city map and showed me places to go and eat. Here they just asked me if I wanted a map and they hurriedly sent me on my way. The Internet was absolutely terrible. I'm glad I only planned to stay here one night...too corporate

Hostel Brikette

Positano, Italy

Hostel Brikette is my favorite hostel ever! It's in a great location, has excellent views, and an extremely excellent staff. I felt at home there. It wasn't too big and it wasn't too small. Peter and his wife treat you like family, they're the best. The rooms have fingerprint scanners so you don't have to carry any keys around. I loved my time there, I wish I could've stayed there forever. I will DEFINITELY go back someday. There's a great atmosphere there and it makes it so easy to meet people

Thanks so much for your kind words. It was great to have you stay with us, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us at the hostel as much as you did. It'll be great to have you back with us in the future, and we wish you all the best for your travels in the meantime.

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

Good hostel for the price, great facilities as well. The staff was very friendly and took the time to show me where to go and how to get there in and outside of Naples.