Reviews: hjkortekaas9543

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Seven Hostel

Sorrento, Italy

Loved the roof-top bar, that was definitely the best feature of the hostel. Just wish there was a guest kitchen, or even just a fridge to keep some food in. Apart from that the hostel was great and the breakfast was a great way to start each morning.

This was a lovely place to stay for a couple of days in Rome and I met some amazing people while I was here. I would definitely stay again if I am ever back in Rome.

Ostello San Frediano

Lucca, Italy

This hostel is good for a one night stay. The interior looks stunning and the beds are comfortable. Large lockers are perfect for storing your belongings too. However internet service is poor (people were sitting on the stairs to get service on the second floor) and there is no kitchen facilities for guests. I also experienced a problem with mosquitos in the lounge rooms and the bedroom but that may be because of the time of year (summer) and the hole in the fly-screen on the bedroom window.

Il Nosadillo

Bologna, Italy

This place has been my favourite accommodation so far. The two ladies who run the place are super lovely, the facilities are great (fast internet!!) and the kitchen is fully stocked with cooking utensils so you can cook an awesome meal with beautiful local ingredients. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is thinking of traveling to Bologna and I'll definitely come back if when I'm in the region next.

Kolpinghaus Salzburg

Salzburg, Austria

The staff at the hostel were amazing; super friendly and willing to answer questions and point you to the nearest sights. The rooms are great and the bathrooms are large. Wifi is only available in the lobby and the kitchen has no cooking utensils but apart from that everything was good. There's also a laundry facility (80cents p/load) which was great.

This hostel is perfectly situated to explore Vienna. The staff are very helpful and the breakfast buffet (3.90eu) is great value for money. There are washing facilities for laundry and a fully stocked kitchen for the times you get sick of eating out. All in all, a great hostel.

I only stayed here one night but from what I saw it was great. The front desk staff were super friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and the facilities were great. The common room off the dining area was a great place to meet people as well. Only down-side was the internet is very slow, but you're in Vienna so who needs internet anyway :)

Stayokay Maastricht

Maastricht, Netherlands

This hostel is right on the river and the included breakfast buffet is amazing. They staff were really friendly and there were individual lockers in the rooms for your use. No laundry facilities (that I could see) and you couldn't bring your own food in, but there are heaps of restaurants and cafes nearby and the hostel also offer a buffet as well for a decent price. I'd definitely recommend this hostel for anyone who is thinking to visit Maastricht.

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Wanted a hostel outside the city and this delivered. Easy to get to (right next to the station) and only one stop from the city. Missing the atmosphere of smaller hostels and a popular place for school groups so be prepared for young teens. Great facilities including washing machine and dryer in the kitchen, hair dryers in the rooms and personal lockers.

Hi Hanna. Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are happy you enjoyed it inspite of the teens we have around. Hope to see you again some time!

This hostel is simply (perfect for business trips) and located a 10 minute train trip from the city. It was great for a break from hostels for one night and has a guest kitchen with a washing machine and dryer which was great. The bathrooms are heaven after hostel living.

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

This hostel is great, with the circus theme throughout the building, a bar downstairs with trivia on sundays and a cafe where you can have a complimentary dinner between 7-8pm. The dorms are huge, even an 8 person dorm didn't seem crowded. The location is great, right near public transport if you don't want to walk and the neighbourhood is beautiful. Highly recommended

The hostel is a quirky mix of colours and and exposed beams that make it a great home base when travelling Paris. My only quibble was that I got moved three times during a five night stay even though I had booked more than a month in advance. It meant I had to check out by 11:00am and check back in after 4:00pm. Apart from that everything was great and the complementary breakfast was the best I've had.

Astor Hyde Park

The hostel was amazingly clean and the staff were really friendly and helpful.