Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 22

Gold Night Hostel

Da Lat, Vietnam

I've stayed in a lot of hostels around the world and this hostel has some of the best sleeping areas I've ever slept in. The beds were amazing and the privacy curtains were ideal. I stayed where next to my bed was a massive open door cupboard where I could stash my gear. It was really well located, but not all beds had this. The only thing letting this hostel down was non common room area which is why I have scored poorly in the atmosphere

• 3rd Feb 2015

Rose Guesthouse Plus

Chiang Mai, Thailand

This hostel is in a good location, with friendly staff and excellent pillows. Through our stay the toilets and showers on our floor and floors below stopped working making the ground floor showers and toilets the only ones available. The showers were beyond poor with more than one person using a shower at one time and the rest of the shower block would have little to no water. I just gave up showering and adopted the deodorant can as a better alternative. WiFi was unreliable.

• 17th Dec 2014

Phoenix Hostel

Friendly, relaxed hostel plus the friendliest staff available at the Phoenix Hostel. Everyone of the staff have their different quirks, making this such a lively and fun hostel. I met plenty of people here and had such a good time I continued extending my stay and now stay here any time in London. Free WiFi is very reliable, breakfast was good and special prices at the bar for guests, plus the location is great! Not a party hostel, but a sociable, chill hostel where everyone gets on.

• 25th Jul 2013

La Banda Rooftop Hostel

Seville, Spain

I couldn't recommend it more. Perfect location, staff were excellent. The highlight, having dinner on the roof top each night with everyone from the hostel. WiFi was reliable and fast. One recommendation is to get new mattresses, but that's already being sorted out. Excellent hostel!

• 15th Jul 2013