Makuto Backpackers Hostel

Granada, Spain

Amazing atmosphere/environment. Tree house is one of a kind, and shaded hammocks are a great place to crash with a book during afternoons. however, the beds/rooms...quite cramped, and the rooms start to smell funky over time. They can also get quite hot/stuffy so sleeping is difficult at times, and people often return to the hostel anywhere from 2-5AM, so it gets loud. Not the best place to stay if you want a good night's sleep, but a fantastic hostel overall, with great character.

Casa Bombo

Granada, Spain

By far, the best hostel experience I've ever had. Only regret was that I didn't get to stay longer, as I checked into another pre-booked hostel nearby after a few days. Amazing breakfast out on the porch each morning with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Alhambra and Sierra Nevadas. Matteo and the rest of the staff are wonderful. Clean, secure, and relaxing. Would recommend this place to anyone. I will definitely be back. If you come to Granada and don't stay here, it's a mistake!

Fantastic hostel. Only regret was that I only booked it for one night because I was traveling onward. But the staff are awesome. Literally right on the beach. Arrived at 9 at night and Mickey made me a full Spanish dinner for 7 euros. Enjoyed with wine and music on the back patio. Fantastic atmosphere and great value for your money.

Great experience here. A bit far from London but the tube makes everything easily accessible. Considering how expensive London is, this was an excellent bargain. Clean facilities and good breakfast (free). Only issue was that roommates often return anytime between 1 and 4 AM. But great place for a clean, safe stay.