• USA, Female, 25-30
Doolin Hostel, Doolin, Ireland
8.0
2nd Sep 2013

The hostel was put together very nicely. Its obvious the owner has gone to gray lengths to make the place look nice. Unfortunately we were put in a room that has a sewage backup problem which made it difficult to breathe in our room! We also paid extra for an ensuite that we were unable to use bc of the smell and it had a button to push which freezing water only ran for about 30 secs at a time. The shared shower was nice so I don't recommend paying for an ensuite!

Dear Guest Thank you for recognizing our progress since taking over the property last year and that our shared bathrooms are as good as our ensuites. I am sorry to hear about the smell in the bathroom, and once you notified me the next morning I investigated and found that it was a partial blocked vent causing a back draft. Its a pity you did not notice it on check in or on the previous evening as I would have fixed it sooner. Warmest regards Anthony

• USA, Female, 25-30
Abrahams Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
8.0
28th Aug 2013

Friendly helpful staff. Average facilities but fine for the money. It was loud as well. The only real disappointment I had was the pillows and duvet were stained, kinda gross.