Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 21

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Such a great place to be. I loved it here. My room was amazing, the food was so good and so cheap. It is always a party and always fun. I would HIGHLY recommend this hostel.

• 8th Jul 2013

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

It was okay. Not sure what exactly I didn't like about it, besides them advertising laundry facilities and them not being available during our entire stay and the staff being sassy and not helpful.. The bar downstairs is a scene and VERY expensive. Packed with locals which is cool but it's not very social and the people who actually stay at the hostel end up hanging out in the hallways or kitchen which I personally think is dumb. All around okay but I kind of hated it and the hipster scene..

• 4th Jul 2013

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

The hot breakfast is amazing, it's like a home made breakfast with lots of options like vegetarian or whatever your feeling. The staff was incredible, very helpful, very social and put you in a very comfortable environment, making everyone else at the hostel feel at home.. Making everyone extremely friendly and sociable! A great place to travel alone. If you want to talk just go down to their drinking games night or communal dinner. Best hostel I stayed in on a month long trip around Europe!

• 1st Jul 2013

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

Staff doesn't want to be there or want to help you.. It's a very anti social hostel you try and talk to someone and they look away.. its very uncomfortable.. It's an okay location not a far walk from the action. Their free breakfast is toast and jam and instant coffee. But the security is great theres a million doors to keep people out that one night the receptionist didnt even let me in? I had a key! All in all not that great and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.

• 28th Jun 2013