Just stay here. I can't say enough things about this place. The owner is insanely nice and goes way out of his way to help you out. It is five minutes from the port, which is where you want to be. It was about a fifteen minute walk into the center of town but there are shops to look at along the way. I am a young female and had no problem walking back and forth from this area to the hostel. This place is cheap and the cleanest hostel I've been in. Like I said, just stay here.

As soon as I checked in I was upgraded to a nicer room for the entirety of my stay. The girls at the front desk were extremely helpful whenever I had anything to ask. I spent a lot of time researching reef trips but the staff made it easy for me by laying down everything I needed to know. The free meals are real money savers but don't expect them to be tasty.

Dury House Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

One of the staff members ( joe) was incredibly helpful whenever I asked for anything but the others didn't seem to go out of their way to help with anything I asked. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on. They should have at least had sheets in plave before i saw all the stains overing the mattress. The bathroom was moldy and had a ceiling leak that was constantly making everything wet. Can't beat the location, which is usually all I care aboutbut I would never stay again.

Back of Chapel

Melbourne, Australia

I had a really good time here because the other travelers were fantastic people. The staff is really nice; however, they only work a few hours a day. We had to leave a deposit for silverware that was stolen from my cubby the next day. The free wifi was great and the common room had cable. The lady that does the cleaning come everyday but they definitely need a professional cleaner to come in every once in a while because it is a bit run down. Fantastic location near tons of restaurants.

Thank you for posting your review. The back of Chapel staff work every day from 8:30am – 12:30pm and then from 2:00pm – 5:00pm. If you would like us to increase our hours or maybe change them to different times, please let us know so we can improve this for all our current and future guests. We have just started with a professional cleaning company. This will definitely be a step which will make Back of Chapel cleaner, and much more comfortable for all our guests. Thank you for your review.