Hospedaje Corina

Puerto Montt, Chile

There is no sign for this place - we had to open the gate and ring the door bell before knowing if we'd found it! Nice owners, they pay attention to when you say you'll arrive during the day. Hard to find without a good map, even though it's not too far from the bus terminal. We enjoyed a generous breakfast with the owner and her grandson. Comfy beds, a little chilly. Not my first choice, but not terrible either. Also, remember to turn on the water heater before taking a shower.

• 19th Sep 2013

Torre de Babel

Chiloe, Chile

Down comforters, cozy on rainy nights! Not super central, but it's not far to walk. Nice building, not really a hostel vibe. The only inconvenience is that there are only 2 bathrooms for the guests - be prepared to do some juggling.

• 18th Sep 2013

Palafito Sur

Chiloe, Chile

Cute place on the water, great decorations. Nice kitchen, comfy and clean beds. Not much heating, but warm enough with some long johns. The staff are great, and breakfast was pretty good (homemade bread).

• 17th Sep 2013

13 Lunas Hostel

Chiloe, Chile

THE nicest hostel I have ever seen, and pretty cheap. Heating on, comfy clean beds, nice lockers, good internet, good breakfast, beautiful building. Even if you don't want to spend time in Ancud, it's worth stopping for the night to stay here rather than in Puerto Montt. Only thing to be careful of: There are 2 bus stations, 13 Lunas is next to the central one that smaller bus lines use.

• 16th Sep 2013

Great free breakfast, good value for price. Our room had a shower and a sink in it, and the floor shared a toilet. This actually worked out surprisingly well. The stairs are steep and I'd hate to be there in a fire, but they were clean and gave the place a personality. We had a balcony in our room that looked out on the neighborhood, super cute. The beds were also very comfy and the staff was smiling and helpful. Wifi was fast and free. I'd stay here again.

• 2nd Jul 2013

Hostel 7 Santi

Florence, Italy

I was worried about staying here on a Sunday because of the 'need' for a bus...we ended up walking to and from the town center instead of taking the bus and had a great time (only takes like 30 minutes). Comfortable beds, clean rooms, awesome buffet dinner, definitely worth the money. It's also away from the hubbub and close to San Marco station, which can be handy and soothing. I would stay here again

• 29th Jun 2013

• 24th Jun 2013

Rome, Italy

Great kitchen, decent beds. Avoid the top bunk if you can, they're less comfy. The doors here are super loud and rather confusing, but they work and the security is good. The outlets are also a bit hit and miss. Nice hostel, fine atmosphere and good internet speed. Friendly to older travelers. I'd stay here again

• 23rd Jun 2013

Rome, Italy

Clean, comfy beds, well-stocked kitchen (even if the burners are a little sketchy). Facilities were functional if a little off sometimes, I had to prop up my charger for my computer with my bag to keep it working. Most of the staff are very friendly and speak good English. I would definitely stay here again!

• 22nd Jun 2013