Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

Maybe the only hostel I've visited that can also rightly be called a resort. Excellent.

Ed House (Tripnbed Guesthouse)

Seoul, South Korea

This is a very nice very well located hostel in one of Seoul's most popular clubbing and shopping areas. It's best asset is its owner, Ryu, a very capable operator, a kind and generous host. He's a natural and virtually ensures a good stay whatever your needs might be.

IS@K Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

This is an excellent hostel, very, very well managed and tended. Owner, staff and guests make it a wonderful place to stay. I extended and would return without hesitation. Highest recommendation.

DolDam Guesthouse Stone Wall

Jeju Island, South Korea

It's a little out of the way and in a quaint location, the lodging portion is a new purpose-built construction exceptional for a hostel. Ocean and fishing port views from the rooms and from the terrace. Fantastic hiking along the seaside path and up the dramatic rock mountain wall. Quiet place for a retreat, and food and alcohol is available, with a somewhat refined style. Dining options nearby are limited and not particularly convenient. This is not party central for the youngsters.

Sleeper Guesthouse

Jeju Island, South Korea

The location, atmosphere, staff and guests were simply the best ... every night there is a dinner party that's not to be missed! There's not another hostel that parties with style and grace like this anywhere in the galaxy. Thanks for the fond memories and light hearted times to Aerie, Hana, Hannah, Ed, Guin, and many others ... I'm forgetting some names.

B&B Pan

Jeju Island, South Korea

If you want to jump in the back of a car and go on guided trips to the local attractions this may be a very very good choice for you. Personally I'd rather go straight to the south side and be in the real Jeju resort flavor and scenic beauty and walkable attractions, not to mention great restaurants and nightlife.

Hong Kong Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed in an apartment type place across the street. Kinda homey. It was adult and civilized and a solid hostelling experience. The place isn't bad at all on balance.

Guilin Riverside Hostel

Guilin, China

This was my second stay at the riverside, and it was mike that made it easy to return because of his friendly and fun personality. This time though he really distinguished himself as one of the finest characters i have met in my year in China. I took a sleeper bus and lost my computer enroute. Mike went to the bus station for me and tracked down the drive, bless his heart too, and through their kind and miraculous efforts I got my computer back, and I cant tell you how precious its contents

This is a fine and quaint and charming excellently located hostel in Longshen, perhaps 2/3 of the way up. It took me more than an hour to climb but it was TOTALLY worth it. The view from the porch, my room was breathtakingly beautiful. The food was reliably and nicely prepared. At 5 a.m. I trekked up to the top in the predawn darkness for the sunrise to bloom across the terraced valley. This is a fine place to spend your likely once in a lifetime visit to the rice terraces. Staff is warm.

Thank you . so happy that you like dazhai rice terrace and our hostel. Have a good trip in China.

Green Forest Hostel

Yangshuo, China

This is the best Chinese owner, managed and staffed hostel I have found in my eight months in China. They really 'get' how an American traveler likes to be treated. Knowledgeable, service oriented people who smile and do things right, not stare and drag their feet. The facility is also superior, more like a 4 star hotel. Highest recommendation. Kudos on your achievement of excellence.

Hello, when you left to xingping, we feft sorry for that, you are more than a friend, we have used to see you everyday, hope you have a good time in xingping, and take care when travel, hugs!!!!

Guilin Riverside Hostel

Guilin, China

Some of the staff, Mike, is great! Some of the staff, girls at the desk, not so hot.

Garden Inn

Lijiang, China

Altogether too typical of Chinese desk staff, some of the girls seem rude and awfully put out that you must pay for a beer or your breakfast or something with a 100 kwai note. Sorry for living! Mike on the other hand, a server and guide, has a great attitude and makes your stay much fun.

Some staff is not service oriented thus are ill suited to the job.

Fix the rainstorm of leaks in the bathroom for starters, clean behind the furniture once in awhile would be nice; internet that works would be a real plus.

Captain's House

Sanya, China

Like nothing I've ever experienced.

You told me a lots when you stay in our hostel about your story in Sanya.so i guess you don't like these things ,maybe you feel our beds is uncomfortable ,i need to say sorry about it. Hopely you enjoy when you stay with us.thank you so much.

Sanya Backpackers

Sanya, China

Finest and nicest hostel in China, owned by a couple of the best hoteliers in China and assisted by their top notch experienced staff. HIghly efficient, caring, and giving attention to every detail of a guest's comfort and enjoyment of an exceptional beach holiday. Four to Five Star location and quality at a bargain price.

Eight Elephants Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Love this place! It's the people. Where else does the staff serenade guests with ukeleles? And fresh baked scones delivered to your bunk! Had to drag me out kicking and screaming. I wanna go baaaack!

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY