Ostello Corniglia, Cinque Terre, Italy
4.9
28th Sep 2013

Very nice staff, but the lock out hours for cleaning was very annoying from 10:30-3pm! There is no point on stating that you have a kitchen when we can NOT use it! And what is the point of having a microwave when we can't use it?! A hostel is a place where travellers stay and feel comfortable enough to socialise with each other, but how can we when we have to be quite at night in the common area?

MEININGER Salzburg City Center, Salzburg, Austria
4.3
14th Sep 2013

The staff were not friendly, they would take their time doing their own task before attending you. They were not really helpful on information about the town and transport. Not even a smile The place itself didnt have a hostel vibe, the only thing that made it feel kinda like a hostel was the pool table and the NINE bed dorms.... with one bathroom.... Their lockers in the room were not luggage friendly, I couldnt fit my luggage in so it made me feel unsafe for my things.

Hello! Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your feedback, as it enables us to improve our services. We are sorry that our staff seemed unfriendly to you, this is definitely not our standard, we will work on being more friendly! Just to explain what might have caused the problem - our staff also deals with tasks which are best done at once - like charging somebody´s credit card or changing a reservation. But we will work on our multitasking skills. Best wishes MEININGER Salzburg

MEININGER Amsterdam City West, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.4
4th Sep 2013

The women at reception was lovely, she helped me book an appointment with the closest acupuncture place as soon as she saw me limping. When I booked I assumed it was a hostel but its actually a hotel, very neat and tidy, quite modern. With pool tables, cute kitchen and a giant chess set outside! Disadvantages is the location, it's not close to town but you can easily train/bus there. Not many restaurants or supermarkets around. Wifi was weak at times, especially in the rooms.

Dear Miao, Thank you for your nice comment! We are happy that our receptionist could provide you with some extra service and we are glad you enjoyed our hotel/hostel. Hope to see you again some time! Warm regards from Amsterdam

Pension Dimitris, Paros, Greece
4.6
9th Aug 2013

They own 2 buildings, and I was staying in the one without the pool. I had a room downstairs, (bottom floor) which had poor wifi connection. No kitchen,tiny toilet and shower space! the toilet didn't flush properly. No shower curtain so the water sprayed everywhere in the bathroom, leaving the floor all wet! No staff around all day for any support! They stairs are annoying if you are staying on ground floor!

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
Au Bon Accueil, Mont St. Michel, France
29th Jul 2013

It was a wonderful place to stay. Jane, the owner of the place was so friendly and welcoming from the beginning to end! she gave us the best advice of where to see the best views of Mont St Michels, as well as where the best food was in town, and well priced too! Her extra support made the experience very worth while. The cottage is very cute, very clean and when you stay there, it really takes your breathe away when you wake up in the morning. Would definitely come again!

Surf n Sun Beachside Backpackers, Surfers Paradise, Australia
30th May 2013

Best location for a Hostel! You guys were so welcoming and I loved how you were all very down to earth and helpful. What I loved even more was your private room package! It's great how you offer an apartment with all you need! And not only that but you guys offered us free bicycle rentals and a drink on the house!! When I read what you guys offered in the private room package, it sealed the deal for me in deciding where to stay :) Thank you guy for your hospitality, I'll sure come stay again!!