• Ireland, Female, 25-30
Die Wohngemeinschaft, Cologne, Germany
4th Jun 2017

The cutest little hostel, my room was so cool, super clean, the staff were really helpful and friendly, it's above a really trendy bar and on the street parallel there's loads of hot spots for Sunday brunch! Even though it's above a bar it's really quiet & easy to sleep (even the single beds are massive). Couldn't recommend more. However, it's al little bit out of city centre - only thing I didn't like. Would definitely stay again!

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
4.6
3rd Jun 2017

Not the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I stayed the first weekend in June and the rooms were roasting, they could really really really do with some air con facilities. Staff were so so. It's also in the red light district (I knew this before booking so shouldn't complain) but I really didn't feel safe at any time of day. Also, pretty much zero atmosphere there even though it has a bar.

Thank you for your review! I am sorry that you didn't liked it! We are installing an air condition right now, so it will be getting better soon. Also we are having a lot of tools to keep the Hostel safe like safety doors which only we can open. It seems like you catched a bad evening, because usually we have a great atmosphere here!

Feel At Home Backpackers, Bangkok, Thailand
5.4
9th Aug 2013

A few minute was from Khaosan, the A/C less than desired, other than that the hostel itself is fine. I tried to do laundry on the first day and it's 50 Baht/Kg, I had a tiny bag. The guy at reception tried to charge me 70 Baht by simply looking at the bag and almost refused to weigh it for me. Turns out I had .5Kg. It wasn't a great impression trying to be ripped off by the owner within your first five minutes in the place!

Mad Monkey Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia
8.0
6th Aug 2013

Not as bright or open as the one in Phnom Penh but it's very nice. The Sunset Bar is very good and if you're on your way back to Thailand you have to 100% book the Direct Bus with them. It's $28 but totally worth it; completely hassle free at the border, collection right opposite the hostel and comfortable bus with lunch included!

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
4th Aug 2013

Nice place, two minutes outside of town, decent travel agency downstairs too. The food in the bar is pretty good but the pool is covered unfortunately so you can't sunbathe there but a $2 tuk tuk will take you to Aqua Pool & Bar which I would definitely recommend! My only complaint would be that we tried to book a third night right after we booked in but it was full and the owner (I think) was a bit rude to us, wouldn't recommend us another place even though they couldn't take us!

Hi. Im pretty sure I was telling you to just relax, get out of your wet clothes, put your bags down & get a feel for the town in your first day(s) here & you'd have a better idea where you wanted to be for the remainder of your time. Quite regularly I recommend guests stay as near as possible so they can still enjoy our facilities once they leave. Almost daily I'm asked to recommend other accomodation, which I do readily. Its part of my job, a job I love. Sorry for the misundestanding.

Mad Monkey Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
7.7
28th Jul 2013

Nice enough hostel, the beds are definitely worth a visit and having two private bathrooms in the female dorm was great! We arrived on the day of the election so the whole of PP was kind of on lock down so we didn't get to experience the bar unfortunately but the staff were very helpful! You need to get a tuk tuk to get anywhere from the hostel but I think that's the same for pretty much anywhere in PP! Would recommend!

Saigon Backpackers Hostel @ Bui Vien, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
26th Jul 2013

Great place, super comfy, just off that street with all the chairs and bars, would definitely stay here again! Staff also really nice and helpful, good breakfast and decent A/C... Would more do you want?

13th Jul 2013

Literally THE place to stay in Hanoi. Great bar/restaurant downstairs, best place to meet people, staff all really helpful and friendly, really central location. My only complaint would be about the A/C in the rooms. It's turned off during the day and while that's pretty standard, Hanoi is a very hot and humid city so if you can get a private room so you can control your own A/C I would definitely recommend!

Vientiane Backpackers Hostel, Vientiane, Laos
7.4
11th Jul 2013

As good as you're going to get for a Laos hostel, I'd say. Central enough location, good atmosphere, A/C could be better. As it says, there are only two toilets and three showers but it somehow seems to work, there's never a queue. Would definitely recommend for Vientiane!

So Hostel Chiangmai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
1st Jul 2013

Couldn't recommend this place enough. Super clean, good A/C, friendly staff, nice beds, very good security, right next to the night bazaar, great kitchen/common area to meet fellow guests! We stayed here twice!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San, Bangkok, Thailand
29th Jun 2013

Very clean, secure and comfortable. Flashpacker type place. Good A/C, nice bathrooms, decent beds, 60 second walk from Khaosan. Would definitely stay there again!

Center Backpackers, Koh Phangan, Thailand
22nd Jun 2013

Does what it says on the tin... Right in the centre of Haad Rin, pretty basic facilities, but who cares? You're there to party and we were hardly ever there... When we were there, the A/C is amazing, the staff are friendly and helpful, the dorms are pretty clean. We had some great people in our dorm which made a great group for the Full Moon Party!

×