La Banda Rooftop Hostel

Seville, Spain

This hostel was amazing. I loved my stay here. Its in a great location and has everything you need. The people that run the place are very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere of the place is awesome and its very easy to meet people there. They cook a communal dinner on the rooftop which gathers everyone together. If I go back to Seville I will stay here again for sure!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Globetrotter

My stay here was really good. Its in an interesting part of town but easy to get to the Alhambra as well. The paella they cooked there one night was really tasty and gathered everyone in the kitchen so we could all meet each other. The bathroom was okay but since the toilet and the shower are in the same room you couldn't go if someone was having a shower. A bit annoying, especially if the dorm is completely full. Other than that no complaints.

• 27th Nov 2014

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

This is the place to stay if you want to meet people. They have activities every night (Taylor you're awesome at organising a great night out)! There will always be people in the common area to talk to but the rooms are far enough away and the walls thick enough that you don't here any noise if you do go to sleep. The walking tour with Harriet was amazing, I would definitely recommend doing that and the tapas night with Pablo. If I came back to Madrid I would choose this place to stay!

• 24th Nov 2014

Hostel above club Madrid

Kosice, Slovakia

The atmosphere in the club was great. A nice little bar to sit in and have a drink. The main guy staff member was friendly and welcoming, although the other female was not so much. We found the place easy to find and in a good location.

• 1st Sep 2014

Rock N Bowl Hostel

Bristol, England

Really enjoyed my stay here. I had no problem with loud music being heard in the dorm I was in but that could be because it was a weekday. The kitchen was large and the entertainment area was great to chill out in. The location is central too and only a short walk from the coach station. I had no problems with this place and would stay again.

• 4th Jun 2014

Kipps Hostel Canterbury

Canterbury, England

This was a great hostel to stay at, the staff were very kind. The place was very clean, with comfy beds and towels provided as well. Security was good with a code to access the front door as well as a key for the dorm. The kitchen was very large and the garden outside was beautiful and a great place to sit and have your breakfast. Its a short walk to the centre of town and near everything you need. Would definitely recommend this place to others!

• 19th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely comment. We are very happy that you had a great time at Kipps and we hope to see you soon. Kind regards, Kipps Staff

Queen Elizabeth Chelsea

A lovely stay, the staff make it memorable. Would come back for sure.

• 14th Feb 2014

Queen Elizabeth Chelsea

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are very friendly and helpful, they always say hello and have a chat to you. The place is a short walk from Fulham Broadway station and in a quiet neighbourhood. There were always plenty of other people around in the bar area to meet. If you're looking for a big party scene though this isn't the place for you.

• 22nd Oct 2013

CIS de Champagne

Reims, France

The place is in a good location within walking distance to everything and a supermarket nearby. The rooms all have a swipe card entry for security. The free breakfast is really generous with lots of variety. The atmosphere is a bit poor though. The place has a hotel feel and its a bit hard to meet others there.

• 13th Oct 2013

Ciarus

Strasbourg, France

Location is good, within walking distance of everywhere. Security is good as well, they lock the doors at night and you have swipe card entry for your room. The downside is there is not much of a social atmosphere. There isn't really a common area to meet other travelers.

• 11th Oct 2013

Cool & Bed

Lyon, France

Lovely place to stay. The staff are friendly and helpful and the place has a nice atmosphere. Its a little away from the centre of town but there is a metro station not too far away. The dorm rooms are really spacious and the wifi works really well. Free breakfast till noon is a bonus!

• 6th Oct 2013

Cool & Bed

Lyon, France

A little out from the main centre of town but this hostel has everything else you need. It is a really clean place, the dorm rooms are spacious, you get a basic free breakfast and full use of a kitchen. There is a bar in the common room for people to meet others. Remember to bring a padlock to use on the lockers they provide.

• 1st Oct 2013

Pop' Hostel

Avignon, France

Enjoyed my stay here, the bar in the common room makes it easy to meet others. Its easy to find when you arrive from the train station. The staff are friendly and helpful too. Bring a padlock for the lockers they provide.

• 28th Sep 2013

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

The location of this place is really good and easy to find. Good facilities and key card access to your room, although I found wifi sometimes wouldn't work. Overall a good stay

• 27th Sep 2013

Hello Marseille Hostel

Marseille, France

Very cool and laid back place. There are plenty of opportunities to meet other travellers, the staff are helpful and the location is really good. I definately would stay here again.

• 26th Sep 2013

Saban Pension

Olympos, Turkey

I loved my stay here. The dinner was amazing, with different dishes every night. The staff were all friendly and the atmosphere of the place was really good. I found it very easy to meet people at this place. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 16th Aug 2013

Elifstar Cave Hotel

Goreme, Turkey

There were no lockers but that seems to be with most places I have stayed at in Turkey. The location was about a 10 minute walk from the centre of town and so was very quiet. The town is small though so you aren't far away to any of the sites. For a thirteen bed dorm there weren't enough showers or toilets. Breakfast included was a bonus and it was easy to meet others.

• 12th Aug 2013

Mustafa Pension

Pamukkale, Turkey

The location is really good, just a minutes walk away from the entrance to the travertines. They helped me out with arranging bus tickets and were generally very friendly. Almost too friendly, I found I never had a moment where I could just sit on my own but that's only a minor thing.

• 9th Aug 2013

Boomerang Guesthouse

Selcuk, Turkey

I had a good stay here. The staff are very welcoming. The garden restaurant is a pleasant area to hang out in. The only concern was the lack of security, the doors to the dorm room can open right out onto the street and it is never locked.

• 6th Aug 2013

Hostel Anzac House

Canakkale, Turkey

The staff at this place were very helpful and the tours they ran were really good with very informative guides. I went in the quiet season so the dorm was never full. There's a nice rooftop area where you could sit and have a drink with people as well. The hostel is also very close to the ferry and where the bus drops you off so its very easy to find. All in all a very good stay.

• 4th Aug 2013

Orient Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent next to all main attractions. Had a good atmosphere downstairs where you can meet other people.

• 28th Jul 2013

Khammany Inn Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

I really enjoyed my stay here. Phillip you were awesome! The place was really social as well, very easy to meet other people. The free breakfast was one of the best I've seen as well.

• 18th Jul 2013

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I absolutely loved my stay, by far the best hostel. The staff are very helpful and friendly. It's in a really good location, a little tricky to find at first but it's near everything. It's a great place to meet new people with a really good atmosphere. I highly recommend going to this place!!

• 19th Jun 2013

Mui Ne Backpackers Resort

Mui Ne, Vietnam

I enjoyed my stay here. Good location being in the centre of the strip. The lounges near the reception desk an easy place to talk to others.

• 16th Jun 2013

Dai Long Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

I enjoyed my stay here, the staff were pleasant and always said hello. Good fast wifi, clean rooms. Only a few of the ants mentioned in other reviews were found. There are nice restaurants very nearby for breakfast and it's only a short walk into the old town. The only downside to the whole experience was that the construction next door was still going when I stayed there. It means a very early wake up call!

• 8th Jun 2013

Ngoc Hung Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

My stay here was fine. The staff were pleasant enough, and the pick up from the train station was very handy. The rooms you get are very large with air con as well. The only thing that was annoying was that the WIFI kept cutting in and out. It was good in the evening for a little while but would then just turn off. There are plenty of places to eat near the hotel though and it's easy enough to walk to any of the sites. It's good value for money.

• 5th Jun 2013

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

I loved my stay here. The staff are so friendly (especially David and Kim). They are really helpful with travel tips and booking tours. The free breakfast is a bonus and there is also Wifi in the rooms. It's in a good location and so you can walk to most of the sights. It's also a nice place to meet others if you stay in the dorm. I highly recommend staying here!! If I go back to Hanoi I will be.

• 28th May 2013