MEININGER London Hyde Park, London, England
8.0
27th Jul 2013

Great place to stay! Save for the top floor of the building, the place actually function as a hotel, so the premises is extremely clean. The luggage room is good with sufficient security, and the location--literally next to the Natural History Museum--is great, especially for museum buffs. Also, I booked a room with the expectation that I'd in a 12-person room. To my surprise, there were only 4... don't know whether 12-bed rooms exist at all, or if I just had good luck in the draw.

St Christopher's Village, London, England
7.4
24th Jul 2013

Overall, a decent hostel. The only negative comment is that I'm pretty sure there was a mouse/rat in the room at nighttime. I'm not wholly sure if the hostel is to blame (since there are clearly signs that say no food, yet the person across from me decided to bring loads), but... yeah. It is what it is. Breakfast was good though, as was the atmosphere and staff. Each bed also had storage cages underneath to hold valuables (which could be locked)--which was great and much appreciated.

Hi! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Village! Mice in the room aren't common but with an old building they will find ways inside if there is food in the room. Our pest control company do regular checks to keep the building as free from critters as possible. hopefully we'll see you again soon! Many Thanks, St Christopher's Village team

Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
20th Jul 2013

Stayed in a 16-person room; beds were comfortable, staff were friendly, and facilities were clean. Overall, the atmosphere and feel of the place was a good one. Only minor downside is that it's located a bit farther from the main pubs/clubs than was anticipated--so the trek back in the early morning hours isn't ideal... but that said, the hostel's location next to the bus station makes up for it. Also, breakfast was a tad bland... but honestly, when it's a free breakfast, it's fine as is.