Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

The saving grace of this hostel is the staff. Every single receptionist I talked to was super friendly, funny, and helpful. The hostel itself is as basic as they come. I stayed in a 16-bed dorm and it was terrible. It's incredibly hot and sweaty; no air conditioning at all. I was on the top floor (3rd floor) and there was no elevator, so the walk up sucked every single time. It is a chill hostel though; other guests are young backpackers too. The facilities were pretty gross & dirty.

SO glad you loved the staff but very sad to hear that you didn't find our other facilities up to scratch .particuarly cleanliness as we have a great housekeeping team here and get lots of compliments . It was vert busy In July so could be other guests not leaving communal bathrooms as they found. Our heat situation has been improved but I am afraid we have no elevator in the is 19th century wine store - a trade off on the characterful building.

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel is kinda in the hood, but it's a walkable distance to the inner city, train, and tram. The staff was a bit slow with check-in, but they were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and nice. The facilities are great; the shower & toilet are separated and the sink is outside. Really cool lounge area to just sit and chill. The value for what you're paying is amazing; it's pretty inexpensive to stay here & the rooms are pretty wonderful. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel was in the middle of nowhere. You literally need to take the train for everything. Aside from that, this is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. The cleanliness was above and beyond anything I expected. It honestly felt like a hotel. The rooms are HUGE and there's more than enough space for everyone. The restroom and shower are separated, and the sink is outside, which was really nice. The beds were super comfy, the room was air conditioned. Totally perfect.

Hi Karen, Thank you very much for your nice comment. We would be happy to see you in Amsterdam again or in any other Meininger in Europe:) Greetings Meininger

Astor Victoria

Staff is super chill & rooms were decent, with a sink in each one. Location of the hostel was good. You're close to the tube, the Victoria rail & coach station, markets, restaurants, etc. Hanging out in the tv room or the kitchen area allows you to meet a lot of cool people. Lots of security; doors are all by keycard & there is the option to leave valuables in monitored safes by the front desk. Only downside was facilities like restrooms & showers. Those got so dirty & often flooded. Super janky

Hostel Baccarat

Nice, France

Super friendly & chill staff. Location was prime real estate; you can walk to any place you need to go like the train station, the bus stop, markets, beach, bars, etc. The hostel was adjoined to another hostel so you're meeting tons of new people, esp. at their cool events like free champagne night & wine and spaghetti night. Great place to have fun and party while you're in Nice. Only downside is that I ended up getting like 15+ bed bugs all over my legs, arms, and face from the bed I was in.

Sabine House

Paris, France

Witnessed and personally experienced overbooking issues. The private room I stayed in definitely had ants and insects; I even found some ants on my pillow and the blanket. The restroom's light didn't work and the hostess couldn't understand what I was saying -- so I used a lightless restroom for my whole stay. The ventilation in the restroom didn't work, so after a shower the whole room would get wet and humid. WIndow didn't open. Location wise, it was really difficult to find.

Stayed in the 14 beds dorm in hopes of meeting people, but people don't really talk to each other in this hostel. Wifi totally sucks; it was constantly connecting and disconnecting. The only place to really get wifi is the tv lounge. Location was key though. It's literally a 3 minute walk from the tube. Facilities were clean enough, but could have been cleaner. Showers were weird in that they turn off every 10 seconds, so you have to keep pressing the button to keep a steady stream of water.