Location: USA, Age: 25

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff was super friendly and the facilities were quite nice. The hostel was very social (including communal free dinners) and plenty of planned activities which were great. I would definitely recommend staying here--one of the best hostels I stayed at in Europe!

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

This hostel is on the funkier side but the staff is super friendly and it's in a fun, great neighborhood. The facilities are not the best and my room was full of bugs (windows are kept open in the summer) which took some getting used to as I slept on the top bunk close to the ceiling. But the vibe was very laid back which I enjoyed so I would recommend it.

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel itself is nice; clean, large and has a nice bar/free breakfast. However, it is not in the best of neighborhoods so be prepared to take public transportation to most places (luckily it is right across the street). As a single female walking around, I did feel somewhat unsafe in the neighborhood and there is not much to do around there so going out at night was tough.

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Small, funky hostel with large common area but not a very social vibe. It was convenient to downtown area and park and only a 10-15 min walk from the train station which was nice. To access the rooms, you have to walk up a steep, creaky staircase but the rooms were clean and fairly new with large bunk beds. When I was there, they were repairing the bathrooms so quite a bit of construction/dust but other than that no major complaints. Not many places to hangout but a good hostel to crash at.

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is nice looking, in a good location and has pretty comfortable beds. Everything was clean on the surface but there were some stains in the bathroom and someone had dropped a piece of bread on the floor that had molded over by the time I arrived. Most of the staff were helpful although there was one very unfriendly guy working which kind of detracted from my overall opinion. No common area so it was hard to meet people and the hostel had zero atmosphere.

The hostel is in an up and coming neighborhood so it was a little funkier but overall felt safe. The hostel itself is very small and has no common room which made it hard to meet people; there is the kitchen area with limited seating and an outdoor patio which closed at 11. The subway is pretty close so that was convenient. The hostel got very noisy though and you can pretty much hear everything going on. Overall, I was satisfied but it wasn't the best hostel I stayed in

Hello Kara, Thanks for the nice review, we will try to help you meet people next time !! Have a wonderfull trip, see you next time