Only stayed here for a single night after missing my flight to Madrid. Didn't go out or try to meet people in the bar because I was so hungover coming from Oktoberfest, but it seemed to have a good vibe. More like a hotel style building with hostel style rooms and shared bathrooms. Had to pay for a day locker when I wanted to leave my bag there before heading to the airport after checking out.

Matterhorn Hostel

Zermatt, Switzerland

I stayed at this hostel twice. Would recommend it if you aren't too picky and on a budget.

Hotel Alfa Zermatt

Zermatt, Switzerland

It's a hotel so you get all the amenities. There is free breakfast included which is pretty good. There is no atmosphere as it is a hotel and everyone has their own rooms. Only reason I stayed here is because the Matterhorn hostel didn't have availability for all the nights I wanted to stay in Zermatt.

Matterhorn Hostel

Zermatt, Switzerland

This place is pretty far from the center of town but it really doesn't matter since Zermatt is so small. There's nothing really wrong with the hostel. I rated it so low because they don't lock the doors and if you are in the large room they don't lock that either. The lockers are pretty big and will fit almost any bag but you have to pay for the lock; brought my own to use but it doesn't take pad locks

Emerald Fields

Florence, Italy

Only stayed one night because I wanted an extra day in Florence. Had multiple keys to get into the hostel, the upstairs area, and my room. Stayed in a 5 person room where everyone was friendly. Didn't get to know the place that well seeing how I was leaving early the next morning and had a lot to plan the night before. I'm pretty sure it was located in an area with lots of college students studying abroad. Close to mercato centrale and many restaurants/bars. About 5 min walk from train station

DanyHouse

Florence, Italy

You're kind of far from the city center and all the sights, but these people are some of the nicest I've ever met. They share the hostel and have their own private room. 2 young children. Share wine from their grandfathers vineyard. Very small hostel with only one shared room. This is not a party hostel, but you definitely get to know the people there. Different experience from other hostels, but it was great.

Claudia's House

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Ô de Casa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Seems anyone could have walked into the bar area and back to the open rooms, but it wasn't too sketchy. Close to a bunch of bars and restaurants.

Solved! Now only guests enter into the rooms areas. Thanks for warning!