Location USA, Gender Female, Age 24

Silver Gate Hostel, Split, Croatia
16th Jul 2015

There was air conditioning in the room which was great and the beds were comfy and the sheets clean. I arrived after the reception was closed and they emailed me the key code to open the door and instructions for which bed was mine. Overall great stay!

7.7
7th Mar 2015

The room was very very cold. Even with a sweater, pants and socks overnight I woke up cold a few times. The shower also didn't stay on, and never actually got warm. I was only there one night, and in terms of convenience of location and price it was a solid stay. The breakfast in the morning is nice, but they make you leave a 5 euro deposit for towels (7 altogether because they're 2 euros each). Overall, it was a fine stay.

Hey, thank you for reviewing us! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Sorry to hear that you were not confortable, we have a 24h reception that would have helped right away if you had warned us. Hope to see you soon on your next adventure to Paris. Check out our instagram and Facebook page to see what we are up to :) Until then, Safe travels

The Monk's Bunk, Tallinn, Estonia
4th Mar 2015

This hostel is so fun! But be warned, if you plan on wanting to get a good nights sleep, you shouldn't stay here. The staff is wonderfully helpful and the atmosphere is super later back and awesome. If you find yourself in Tallinn, stay here!

Thanks guys, come back and party with us soon!

1st Mar 2015

I loved it here! The staff is made up of the friendliest people ever, filled with helpful spots to go in Riga. The hostel itself is warm and inviting with a huge common room and open kitchen. Very colorful and artsy, the common room is in the middle of the hostel which means its impossible to ignore, and its filled with bean bag chairs, couches and fun games to play with people. I would definitely tell everyone to stay here if you're going to Riga.

Pogo Hostel, Vilnius, Lithuania
27th Feb 2015

Pretty quiet so if you're looking for a social experience I would choose another hostel. Other than that the staff was super kind and helpful and the location was right in next to old town.

Hostel Van Gogh, Amsterdam, Netherlands
22nd Feb 2015

Great price for a Sunday night in Amsterdam. I felt like I was staying in a hotel, but the rooms had bunk beds. The bathroom was gorgeous and the breakfast (not free) was delicious. Right across the street from the Van Gogh museum, and very close to the main square, it's in a great location. It was very quiet, not really a hostel where people can hang out in groups bigger than a couple, so if you're looking for something more lively, I'd look elsewhere.

Hans Brinker Budget Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
21st Feb 2015

Great location and very cheap! The breakfast was not that great, but it was free so it was to be expected. Would definitely recommend staying here for anyone heading to Amsterdam.

Thanks for your review, happy to hear you liked your stay!

23rd Jan 2015

Overall great stay! It was the perfect size for our group of 4 close friends: bunkbed and a fold out couch. No kitchen appliances except for a microwave and a water heater, so if you're interested in a longer stay I would recommend finding somewhere else. For the weekend its great though, with a cute balcony perfect for hanging out (standing room only). Also the shower is FANTASTIC! Metro = 2 mins away, Arc de Triomphe = 5 mins, Eiffel Tower = 25. GREAT location.

Alajuela Backpackers, Alajuela, Costa Rica
5.7
13th Jul 2013

The atmosphere was quiet, and kind of like a smelly library where people attempted not to make eye contact or converse. It was fairly clean, but the bathroom in our room smelled disgusting and clearly had mildew on the ceiling above the shower. I payed for a room with air conditioning, and there was an air conditioner, but either I was mistaken on how to make it work without a remote, or they'd forgotten to give us one. Also, $15 was way too expensive for the room and the expensive restauraunt.

Arenal Backpackers Resort, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
6th Jul 2013

We stayed in one of the 8-bed dorms, which has air conditioning. The air conditioner was really loud, but I had ear plugs so it wasn't THAT bad. The staff was nice and the pool was lovely. I think the restaurant was a little expensive for the quality of food you got, but La Fortuna is a pretty pricey town. All in all, I had a great time!