Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location and very cheap! The breakfast was not that great, but it was free so it was to be expected. Would definitely recommend staying here for anyone heading to Amsterdam.

• 21st Feb 2015

Overall great stay! It was the perfect size for our group of 4 close friends: bunkbed and a fold out couch. No kitchen appliances except for a microwave and a water heater, so if you're interested in a longer stay I would recommend finding somewhere else. For the weekend its great though, with a cute balcony perfect for hanging out (standing room only). Also the shower is FANTASTIC! Metro = 2 mins away, Arc de Triomphe = 5 mins, Eiffel Tower = 25. GREAT location.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Alajuela Backpackers

Alajuela, Costa Rica

The atmosphere was quiet, and kind of like a smelly library where people attempted not to make eye contact or converse. It was fairly clean, but the bathroom in our room smelled disgusting and clearly had mildew on the ceiling above the shower. I payed for a room with air conditioning, and there was an air conditioner, but either I was mistaken on how to make it work without a remote, or they'd forgotten to give us one. Also, $15 was way too expensive for the room and the expensive restauraunt.

Arenal Backpackers Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

We stayed in one of the 8-bed dorms, which has air conditioning. The air conditioner was really loud, but I had ear plugs so it wasn't THAT bad. The staff was nice and the pool was lovely. I think the restaurant was a little expensive for the quality of food you got, but La Fortuna is a pretty pricey town. All in all, I had a great time!