A great location, very clean, very home-y. We had just as much fun hanging around the common room as going out in Edinburgh (and Edinburgh is awesome, so that's saying something). They have a nice kitchen and i was easy to make our own meals, and breakfast was good (bread!) I would 100% recommend this place to anyone, we had a great time!

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

This place was depressing. The hostel was disgustingly dirty, the sheets hadn't been changed in a long time, there were creepy long-term guests, and the overall atmosphere was skeezy. We stayed one night and then lost our deposit on the rest and moved on early. Don't stay here.

Skyewalker Hostel

Isle of Skye, Scotland

This place was great. Hard to find, but that's the point! It was a great base for our walks and even had a drying room for our clothes after walking in the rain. Brian and Lisa were so accommodating and friendly- I would go out of my way to stay here again.

Chase The Wild Goose Hostel

Fort William, Scotland

We only stayed for one night, but I wish it had been more. Clean, great kitchen, great staff- definitely stay here if you're near Fort William.

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

This place was great if you are traveling with a group and need a nice place to sleep. It was very clean, has a huge common room, and a nice kitchen (no coffee though.) As someone traveling alone, it was not a hostel to meet people in. There were a lot of families and older people- not exactly the youth hostel atmosphere I was expecting. Also kind of expensive if you are not a SYHA member.

This place was fine for a night or two. Clean and the bathrooms were good. We were woken up at 2am when a staff member made two people switch beds, which was very annoying. They also have triple bunks, which is not ideal. It is a pretty far ride on the train to get to London city center, but you get what you pay for. They have a nice common room which was "closed for private functions" the whole time we were there, which was annoying as the only other place to be was in the bar. Just okay.

Astor Museum Inn