Loch Ness Backpackers

Loch Ness, Scotland

This is a fantastic, cozy little hostel in a quiet Highland village. This place is ideal for anybody looking for a place to put up their feet by a fire at the end of a long day of hiking, fishing, etc. The owners are incredibly friendly and helpful. The security is a bit light, but given that they are in the middle of nowhere, I imagine that theft is a rare occurrence. My only complaint would be the breakfast. 3 pounds for cereal and toast seems a bit much.

The breakfast also includes fresh OJ or Apple Juice and Porridge and butter,jams and spreads as well as unlimited cereal and toast. Thank you for your rating on the hostel.

Inverness Student Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

This was my ideal hostel. Small, cozy and staffed by friendly, knowledgeable locals. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone using Inverness as a base to explore Loch Ness and the Cairngorms.

Loch Ness Backpackers

Loch Ness, Scotland

An excellent, cozy little hostel in one of the most beautiful areas of Scotland. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to get off the beaten path and have a quiet place to come back to after a day's hiking.

Thanks you for your rating I believe this is the 2nd time you have stayed with us. Give us a shout on your 3rd visit and we will offer you a free breakfast.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

My only complaint about this excellent hostel is simply its size. With nearly 100 rooms, it is by far the largest hostel I've ever stayed at. This means that trying to use the kitchen during dinner time can be an exercise in futility. But that's only a minor issue, really. The security is excellent, the location is perfect, and the whole hostel is done up in a really fun, medieval theme. The two mannequins in armor on the staircase are the icing on the cake.

The Walrus Hostel

The dorm room in which I slept was hot, stuffy and smelly, and quite loud as it was underneath the Waterloo Station railroad tracks and had windows onto a main street. However, one can't expect much else for prices like these, which are quite good for central London. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, and the downstairs pub gives a discount to those staying at the hostel. Overall, I highly recommend Walrus Hostel for people who aren't picky and who are looking to save a bit of money.