Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

The Generator is located right at Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, it's really nice to stay somewhere central. The bathroom was tiny and the breakfast (additional 5,50€) was not worth the money, but the room was good, staff was really nice and helpful.

• 19th Feb 2014

HI-Edmonton

Edmonton, Canada

The hostel was okay, but I really didn't like the bottom beds, they are so low that you cannot sit on your bed and also there are no bedlights. The atmosphere was more uncomfortable then expected. Most likely because there were only old guys staying in the hostel who were trying to have a creepy conversation with you in the common area. The common area also is not comfortable, because it's a really big, cold, stone-walled room with an endless high ceiling (like an old church building).

• 18th Jun 2013

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry you found your bunk low. We do have a chair to sit on in each room. We are close to full almost every day and we have guests of all ages and nationalities staying with us. The hostel actually used to be a convent, and we try and use the space provided to the best of our ability. Greg, Manager

Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

I really liked to stay at this hostel, because it has a really nice atmosphere! It's really clean and the staff takes good care about everything! The room I stayed in was quite small, but therefore the common areas are big (the lounge area with a big, modern kitchen and the rooftop - awesome!). The bathrooms all are really modern and what is more important, really clean! The breakfast is very good and until (!!!) 1pm, that gives you the chance to party, sleep in and still get breakfast :)

• 31st May 2013