Reviews: mgfernandezm5460

Location: Guatemala, Gender: Female, Age: 31

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Nothing beats the location of this hostel and that is why I stayed there. It is very clean but is lacking certain details that come in handy like power outlets for each bed and night lamps. The food is terrible and expensive here. The free breakfast is the worst I have ever had: old bread, nothing to cut it open with, one kind of jam, instant coffee. I would have stay somewhere nicer if it wasn't for the location.

• 1st Nov 2013

One Stop Hostel

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I loved it. It is very clean, comfortable beds. A/C on every room and common area. The bathrooms are western, so the shower is separate from the toilet. Complimentary shampoo and body wash. Excellent friendly staff. Cheap and fast laundry service. Good price. Is not a party hostel and I love it for that. Nice common area to relax watching a movie. One of my favourite hostels so far.

• 26th Oct 2013

Rainbow Lodge HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It was extremely clean, the showers were powerful and comfortable because they had a nice shelf and hooks to put your stuff. The place is very small, so everything is very tight, but the comfortable bed and cleanliness are what it is really all about. I enjoyed the place but would have appreciated less beds in the dorm. 3 levels bunkbeds are not a good idea. There was NO place for your backpack and/or shoes. The location is PERFECT.

• 21st Oct 2013

The Island Hotel Bali

Kuta, Indonesia

Very comfortable beds, good working A/C, nice pool. Staff is not friendly. It's a party hostel so it is hard to have a good night sleep. They let people get in the pool whenever they want in the middle of the night, being drunk and loud. Terrible. It's not only a hostel, it's also a hotel. A hotel that happens to have a dorm so there should be a no party after 10' policiy. Bathroom facilities are beginning to deteriorate. Food is good and fair price.

• 8th Oct 2013

Rucksack Inn @ Lavender Street

Singapore, Singapore

The staff was very friendly and some of them very helpful. It was clean, but it wasn't the cleaniest, they never cleaned the toilets in the 4 days I stayed. You have to take your shoes off, but the floor had quite a bit of dust so my feet kept getting dirty. The beds aren't the greatest, they are cheap Ikea bunkbeds that make cracking noises whenever you moved and the mattres is a thin one. Internet speed was good. Location could be better, you have to walk 15 mins to closest MRT.

• 4th Oct 2013

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

PK and the whole staff were incredibly nice and helpful; you feel among friends with them. Although my room was tiny, it was perfect because the beds and pillows are very comfortable, nice warm blanket, excellent A/C, equipped with personal light, power socket, a shelve to put your stuff and my personal favourite: a courtain for each bed for privacy.

• 25th Sep 2013

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Everything about the hostel is great, but personally I find that the showers are lacking shelves and hooks to put clothes, soap, razor, etc., which makes the whole showering and getting dressed process a bit complicated. Regarding breakfast, even though it is supposed to last until 10:00am, sometimes by 9:00am there is barely anything left to eat.

• 16th Sep 2013

Hostel Emanuel

Split, Croatia

It's a small hostel, but everything is well thought of. Every bed has its own nightlight, electricity socket and the best part, curtains, so once you close them, you have your own personal space. Every morning there is a hot beverage and a couple of chocolate croissants for each guest. They have strong security, a guard at night, security cameras and strong steal lockers. Excellent hostel, thank you Tony and everyone in it for a wonderful time :)

• 12th Aug 2013

The Brit Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

I really enjoyed my time at this hostel, it was clean, organized and has absolutely everything you could possible need (just ask for it). It has a very nice bar with cheap prices and great atmosphere. The location is good. The staff is WONDERFUL, smart people, with a good vibe, always willing to help with whatever you need at the hostel or regarding tourism information. I booked 2 nights and ended staying for 5 :)

• 10th Aug 2013

Zen Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This is not a party hostel which is something I like. It is a very clean, cozy and relaxed hostel. Imi and his mom are amazing hosts, they make you feel welcomed and are always making sure you have everything you need. The place is very small, but that's part of its charm. At Zen, you have free towels, TV, lockers, an excellent location and wonderful company. I would stay there again, no doubt about it. Big hug Imi!

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Guatemala

The location is perfect, near the train station and the city center; no need to take any buses. The staff was very friendly and super helpful. They have electronic lockers (they use a chip card), which I thought was very secure. It was clean, well organized. Laundry is only 2€ for washing and 2€ for drying! Breakfast is not included but it's worth paying for it, not bad at all.

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Guatemala

hi there. thanks for the feedback. save travells. :)

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

It's one of those big chain hostels where it is very hard to meet people. It also works as a hotel so there are a lot of families with children. Some of the staff was wonderful and helpful, some other not so much. The Internet in the rooms is poor. I had an issue with my bed, the sheets hadn't been cleaned when I checked in (they solved the problem). The location is TERRIBLE, the next day I stayed at a much nicer hostel closer to the city center.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Guatemala

Hello! Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that we did not convince you with our service. Indeed we are a mix of a hotel and a hostel therefore the structure of our guests is slightly different from the classical hostels. Best wishes Your MEININGER Salzburg Team

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

It was clean and very organized; they have a whole set of rules for everything, specially about not making noise past and before certain hours. The staff was friendly, specially the blond girl who cleans. It's only 10 mins. away from the train station, so it's very convenient. The only thing I really disliked was the lack of fans in my room, the heat was unbearable, specially sharing with 7 other people. They charge you for breakfast, which isn't that great.

• 3rd Aug 2013

Jetpak Jumpdesk

Berlin, Germany

The owner and all the staff are really nice. Beds are comfortable with clean sheets. We had 3 fans working full time in our 6 bed room, which made the summer heat tolerable. I hated the "hang out" area in the basement, it was dirty and full of garbage. Also the bathrooms down there are horrible. The closest shower to my room wasn't clean and the water didn't drain at all. Luckily I found a "hidden" bathroom that was clean and working just fine. There aren't many big lockers.

• 23rd Jul 2013

The Boutike Hostel

Seville, Spain

The hostel is brand new (opened februrary 2013) and is THE perfect place to stay in Seville. It has central air conditioning (a must in Seville) The staff was incredible nice. Marta the receptionist gave us good recommendations of where to go and was helpful and joyful all the time. Juan, the guy in charge of the kitchen is a lovable sweet man. He prepares crepes every morning. Don't think about it twice. This IS the right place to stay. Cheap, clean, new, nice.

• 3rd Jul 2013

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is the place to stay in Amsterdam. The bar and the smoking lounge are fantastic. The staff is very nice even though they have loads of work. Real close to the train station and pretty much everything else. Beds are already made and SUPER comfortable. The lockers are wooden boxes; not very safe. You need a card to get into the hostel and into your room so it's pretty safe. Yeah, it's noisy but… it's Amsterdam!

Sant Jordi Mambo Tango

Barcelona, Spain

This is my second favorite hostel so far. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, they pass on this amazingly good vibe. I love that beds have a fitted sheet (with elastic 4 the mattress), it makes making your bed so much easier. It's the kind a hostel where you go to relax, definitely not a party hostel; I prefer it that way. It's the kind of place where it's easy to make new friends. It's also clean, good breakfast, comfortable bathrooms.

Home Backpackers

Valencia, Spain

It was clean and towels are included. No breakfast. The staff is very friendly. One important thing that I HATED was the co-ed bathroom. There was a group of guys hitting at us in the bathroom while they were only wearing their towels, it was very uncomfortable. Also, it's a party hostel so don't expect calm roommates and a quiet good night sleep, it's very noisy, specially since it's in Valencia's bar/clubbing area. They also organize paella cooking lessons, bar hoping tours, etc.

Regent Hostel

Paris, France

It's SUPER clean and in perfect shape; hot water 24/7. The staff varies from one guy who barely speaks English to a blond girl who speaks like 5 different languages. Breakfast is really good (croissant, OJ, cereal, tea, LOTS of coffee). They only have 2 computers with super slow Internet and they charge 1€ for 15 mins. Wi-Fi is free though. They claim their location is really good but I'll have to disagree. It's in one of the farthest areas of central Paris. St. Mitchel area would be better.

Hostal Rincon de Sito

Salamanca, Spain

It\'s not a hostel, it\'s a hotel. The staff was almost never there but you could call them on the phone and they would be right there if you needed anything. My room had a small TV, a mini fridge, a big closet. Everything was very clean except for the bed sheets, you could tell they didn\'t change them after the last guest. I recommend it, it was a good hoTEL for the price. The location was really good, I don\'t think there\'s a bad location in Salamanca since it\'s so small.

Sydney Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

It was fairly clean, but there was a constant "dirty-old-carpet" smell in the hallways. The shower door was broken so we had to actually grab it and figure a way so it wouldn't fall while avoiding spilling water outside. They didn't clean the room or bathroom everyday. Breakfast was terrible, boiled eggs, bread and tea; not for me. I would stay somewhere else if I go to Instanbul again.

Urbany Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

The building is amazing, everything is very modern. Your room key is your key for everything else (main entrance, locker, etc.). Because it's such a big place it isn't very easy to make friends, I thought the atmosphere was too "cold". It's a good place, but not my favorite.

Central Station

Milan, Italy

It's not really a hostel, it is more of a hotel. Good for the price. I just needed a place to spend the night before my train left. Nothing much to say. No breakfast. It's very clean. Noisy, you can hear all the cars and street noise. Would stay again though.

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

The BEST place I have stayed at. The staff is super nice and friendly. Everything is very clean, they even make your bed. Big bathrooms. Everything is well thought: top bunkbeds have nightstands. Every bed has it's own night light. Big lockers, you don't need your own lock, they give you a key. Excellent place to make new friends and hang out. Amazing collection of DVDs. They have Nintendo Wii, a flat screen TV, boardgames.. everything you need to have an amazing time. Awesome Staff!

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

The BEST place I have stayed at. The staff is super nice and friendly. Everything is very clean, they even make your bed. Big bathrooms. Everything is well thought: top bunkbeds have nightstands. Every bed has it\'s own night light. Big lockers, you don\'t need your own lock, they give you a key. Excellent place to make new friends and hang out. Amazing collection of DVDs. They have Nintendo Wii, a flat screen TV, boardgames.. everything you need to have an amazing time. Awesome Staff!

M&J Hostel

Rome, Italy

No ladder to climb on top bunk bed, no nightstand or any other kind of table or chair in the bedroom to put your stuff. No locker, moldy, noisy. You can hear what's going on in every room. I ran out of hot water twice and the electricity went out in the building both nights as well. The staff is not friendly; isn't willing to help. 2 tiny netbooks available for Internet. No free breakfast, terrible kitchen. They don't accept credit cards. Bottom line: I hated it.

Legends

Rome, Italy

Breakfast AND dinner is free. They serve free pasta if you sign up for it before 6:00pm Some of the staff was nice, some wasn't. The Internet was TERRIBLE, 2 computers that almost never worked. The network was always down so... pretty much "no Internet". Would choose some other place if there was a better one.

Hostel Santa Monaca

Florence, Italy

The staff is nice, Internet is free (2 computers), big clean bathrooms. Bedrooms are ugly but clean. It\'s a good place to sleep but not to make friends; no social area except for the kitchen. There aren\'t any other amenities. Would stay there again.

Hostel Santa Monaca

Florence, Italy

The staff is nice, Internet is free (2 computers), big clean bathrooms. Bedrooms are ugly but clean. It's a good place to sleep but not to make friends; no social area except for the kitchen. There aren't any other amenities. Would stay there again.

Astor Victoria

I spent 5 nights there and it was amazing. It was very clean, the staff was wonderful! We spent Christmas Day there and they prepared us a delicious big meal to celebrate it. Excellent place to make new friends. One important thing though, if you are into partying at the hostel, then this is not the place for you. Because of the neighborhood, you have to be relatively quiet past 10. The staff is quite strict about that (it was a good thing 4 me). I totally recommend this place!!!!!!!!

Astor Victoria