• Australia, Female, 25-30
Hostel Van Gogh, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.4
4th Sep 2013

This is definitely the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in but is more like a hotel - there is a hotel section and it was generally very quiet with no bar area. It's not close to the red light district but it is easy to use the trams. The room was good, a bit long and skinny with not much room for suitcases and bags, but was very clean and modern which made a nice change from most of the hostels I've stayed in! Staff weren't overly friendly but could offer advice and help if you ask very nicely!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
Sant Jordi Arago Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
29th Aug 2013

Loved staying at this hostel, the staff were great, very helpful and super friendly. I originally booked at Sant Jordi Alberg and changed to Arago so I could stay with a friend, and we'd heard it was a little quieter than some of the other hostels in the area. Unfortunately not so, and most nights the staff didn't enforce the no noise after 11.30pm rule. Because it was such a small hostel it was hard to sleep with people making lots of noise. But this won't stop me from going back!