Feel Hostels Soho Malaga

Malaga, Spain

Stayed 2nights, good security, great staff, friendly, helpful, very clean, plenty of activities for guests as well as opportunity for food and drink, good breakfast. Location good for looking at various attractions. Kitchen and outdoor area, with BBQ

• 17th Sep 2013

Fabrizzio Guesthouse

Madrid, Spain

This hostel was in an old building looking over Plaza Mayor, a postcard view! Close to everything, food, entertainment and tourist highlights. Manager, Stephen (apologies if spelt incorrectly) was really friendly and helpful, generous, gave advice even about my next destination, nothing was too much trouble for him. Thank you. Good security, mixed group of guests all seemed very happy about accommodation, great location.

• 16th Sep 2013

Amistat Beach Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel, good breakfast, very clean, spacious friendly, helpful, welcoming staff especially Quelia whom I dealt with most. 4

• 14th Sep 2013

Funny Palace Hostel

Rome, Italy

I had booked but when I got there on a hot day they told me there was an age policy, over 40 couldn't stay! Difficult when you've booked and don't know where other accommodation is in the near vicinity. Fortunately they offered me a room around the corner in an Hotel, which was excellent. Very secure, clean, spacious and well appointed with own bathroom. I hope to stay there on 22nd, but not sure how to contact them.

Residenza Santa Croce

Venice, Italy

I Thought I may have had a room with a view as it wasn't cheap, but location was very central, room very private, with own bathroom, very clean, bed made during day. Only had contact with staff at beginning they were most helpful but little English. Security excellent, well ventilated room and fan.

• 30th Aug 2013

Baracca Backpacker

Aurigeno, Switzerland

I stayed two nights, was in bunk room on my own first night. Nice room, good kitchen facilities for cooking. Good outdoor area for sitting and relaxing. Staff, owners Monica and Reto lovely couple, spoke Enlish, very friendly, welcoming and helpful with advice about the area. Buses take you to various areas for some great walks and scenery. great waterfall at Foroglia! Baracca is in small, old village of Aurigena, friendly people, nice cafe/trattoria.

• 27th Aug 2013

The staff, particularly Johanna whom I dealt with mostly, also Rafael, Daniela and Manuela were extremely helpful, in giving information, solving problems, timetables, etc, Breakfast very good, catering and cleaning staff excellent! A 15 minute walk to station, if you're quick. What spoilt the the was beyond staff control , but a few, inconsiderate Asian boys. The staff told me to tell them to be quiet and consider others, but I think signs up like they had in My Friends Guesthouse .

• 23rd Aug 2013

Lausanne Guesthouse & Backpacker

Lausanne, Switzerland

I like to have breakfast to start the day, but when booking no b'fast was stated. Staff were helpful, no problem Getting them to recharge something, takes hours, so handy to have it done safely behind counter. Hostel was very clean location was good, only 6mins to station, a bit longer when your trying to find it. A member of staff, Laura, I think suggested I go on a walk hero ugh vineyard area above lake Geneva. It was interesting and different after spending much time in cities.

• 21st Aug 2013

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Found it after a few wrong directions, girl who welcomed me, Melissa?, from Argentina was excellent, a lovely girl and most helpful. The gentleman in charge was also quite helpful. Room was up several floors and not much room to move, people sharing room were inconsiderate, beds bunk above moved a lot. Breakfasts were very good. Meals not so good, I had pasta, it was fairly ordinary. It gave me somewhere to stay, my bag was locked away securely. Other staff,ok