Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I felt safe in the hostel seeing as you needed to use your key to get into any door. However, our keys kept getting deactivated, which was super annoying. The rooms were way hot, even with a window open and a fan going. I did enjoy all the common areas. It made it very easy to meet people. We were told the location would be unsafe and that we would need to take a taxi at night. I didn't think this was true. It is located on the wrong side of the river, but it's an easy walk to all the pubs.

• 2nd Aug 2013

If you're looking for a quiet, family place, this is the place for you. It's far away from everything (45 minute bus ride from Galway) and there's nothing to do. I was looking forward to fishing, but then found out you have to pay upwards of 15 euros to even attempt. LAME. The owner was nice, he picked us up from the bus stop. But that was the last we saw of him. Not conducive to meeting new people at all. It is quite beautiful, though. I guess I just didn't realize what I was signing up for.

• 1st Aug 2013

Thanks for your comments, the purpose built Lakes cost thousands to install and Trout cost up to €5 to stock, if you want to fish for nothing, there is free fishing on Lough Corrib but you must be organized to fish. I was here and available at all times as you were told, 40 other people stayed on the 1st, my guess is Galway Hostels were unavailable.

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Great location! Very friendly staff! I loved the iMacs in the lobby that we could use, plus the free printing. It was weird how there was a security guard roaming the halls at night, making people show IDs. I guess that's cool for safety and stuff, but when you're drunk and just wanna go to sleep, it's a real hassle. The bathrooms are like gym lockers, with a bunch of showers in a row, but that was good cause you never had to wait to shower. The push-button showers were annoying, though.

• 31st Jul 2013

Astor Museum Inn

Location was perfect. Bloomsbury is a beautiful area. Very secure, needing a code to enter the building and a key to your room. I never had to wait for the bathroom unless I was downstairs in the kitchen area. Staff was incredibly friendly. It was hard to tell who were staff and who were guests cause the staff partied harder than most of the guests, which was fun, but they could have been more professional :) Still, the best part about our stay was the staff and how welcoming they were.

• 24th Jul 2013

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very hotel-like. The rooms were amazing and clean with our own bathroom with a decent-sized shower. There is a common area, but it's not very conducive to meeting people. Luckily we met some cool people in our room, cause otherwise we wouldn't have had much fun. The staff is a bit cold and I was constantly hearing them talking about other guests. Location is good, easy to walk around. But I'd recommend staying in Leidseplein if you want easier access to the nightlife. Overall, good hostel!

• 21st Jul 2013

Woodstock Hostel

Paris, France

The WiFi only works downstairs, which is annoying but that forced people to meet each other, which I enjoyed! There's a nice outdoor area and there's a cat. There's no oven, which sucked cause we already bought a frozen pizza before we found out! The hostel sells over-priced beer, but it's convenient that it's right there. Very close to the metro. Be prepared to walk up A LOT of stairs.

• 20th Jul 2013

Worst hostel I've stayed in. Clean enough, but no common areas at all. We didn't go out while we were there because we had no one to go out with and the area was too scary to navigate ourselves. Sketch location. Staff were rude. Rooms were way too hot so you had to keep the window open, but the noise from the street was unbearable. Shower was push-button and only lasted 30 seconds. Free breakfast was good, though. Overall, I do NOT recommend. Stay at Woodstock or Square Caulaincourt.

• 17th Jul 2013

They have their own bar which is GREAT for meeting people, pregaming, and then going out to explore the city. I'm sad we only stayed here one of the nights we were in Paris because it was our favorite night of the 5 nights we had in the city. Good location, easy to get around, close to the Sacre Couer (which is beautiful at night!) The amount of stairs sucks, especially when you have to lug your luggage up to your room. WiFi only works downstairs, which was a bummer. Overall, I recommend!

• 15th Jul 2013

Antares Hostel

Nice, France

Common areas and events (spaghetti and champagne nights) make it easy to meet people. The lockout/curfew thing really screwed up a couple of my nights. Located right across the street from the train station and right by a main shopping street. A bit farther (20 min walk) from the bars and the beach, so it depends what you're looking for. The girl staff member was AMAZING. Super helpful and sweet, spoke great english. The dudes were a little less friendly. Enjoyed my stay overall.

• 12th Jul 2013

Security sucked, you didn't need a key to get into the building or into your bedroom. They do provide lockers for a couple euros, though. The atmosphere was great. All the bedrooms lead into the main room, so people are constantly around and hanging out. Very easy to meet people. It's located right by the main shopping street and metro stations, so it's easy to get around. Only three bathrooms for the whole hostel, though. That was rough. But overall, I enjoyed my stay!

• 10th Jul 2013