Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Bath, England

• 2nd Aug 2013

YHA Cambridge

Cambridge, England

What irked me: £5 for WiFi, £2 to rent a locker Breakfast buffet (£5) was sub-par; everything was overcooked. No towels/hand dryers in any of the toilets I visited, and once there was no soap. They need 6hours to clean the rooms but you still need to strip the bed yourself. What I liked: Good location It was quiet ...and that's it.

• 30th Jul 2013

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

I was only there briefly, but I was annoyed to be kept up late by drunk people (or possibly just obnoxious) outside the window in the hostel's courtyard. It was sweltering even with the window open, so shutting it was not an option. WiFi was only available downstairs. Otherwise I wasn't around to experience much.

• 19th Jul 2013

Doolin Hostel

Doolin, Ireland

Fantastic hostel! I loved my stay so much that I added an extra night. Beautiful town, and the hostel reflects the lovely atmosphere. Clean facilities, friendly staff, perfect location; would recommend!

• 6th Jul 2013

Salmon Weir Hostel

Galway, Ireland

I was rather disappointed with the cleanliness and facilities. I was ill that night, and vomiting in that filthy bathroom was one of my worst experiences ever. I tried to get some rest, but was kept up well after midnight by people singing loudly in the living area. This place was not for me!

• 5th Jul 2013