Kaya Pansiyon

Bodrum, Turkey

Kaya Pansiyon lived up to its reputation. Mustafa and Kamal ( I hope I have spelt your names correctly) went out of their way to help you find what you need. They were really obliging. The Pansiyon is incredibly well positioned, everything is on your doorstep.

Metropolis Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel was well located and our basic needs were met but we thought it was very overpriced; we were paying hotel prices for what was essentially a backpacker type hostel, clean but basic. The young concierge/manager on duty most days seemed irritated at being disturbed by questions and fairly unapproachable which made it more difficult to get information about Istanbul and finding our way around. None of the managers seemed very interested or friendly.

• 29th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

YHA London Oxford Street

Staff went out of their way to help. It was excellent. The only problem was the noise; the street sounds were so loud it felt like there was no glass in the windows. It woul have been great to have some long term luggage storage too. When I read luggage storage available on the hostelworld site I thought it meant long term. To be clear they should just say 24 hour luggage storage which is more accurate.

• 1st Sep 2013