Edinburgh Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
2nd Aug 2013

Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel, London, England
5.7
30th Jul 2013

Though it was affordable, I would not stay at this place again. The bathrooms in particular were not as clean as I would expect, there was constant noise and smoking from people (other guests? friends of staff?) loitering at all hours. They claimed to be reducing this problem by discouraging long-term stays, I gather this didn't work or wasn't being applied. The rooms have 3-tiered bunks and feel institutional and claustrophobic.

We take guests feedback seriously to improve our services. Our housekeeping staff start as early as 06:30 and finish at 23:00. We try our best to make guests follow our rules but we do not have too much influence on their behavior. We have different types of dormitories to suit different types of travellers depending on their budget. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location. HPI Staff

Oxford Backpackers Hostel, Oxford, England
7.7
29th Jul 2013

The Fort Boutique Hostel, York, England
28th Jul 2013

This was an incredibly nice hostel, especially for the price. I was particularly impressed by the cleanliness compared to others I stayed in during my travels, by the free laundry facilities, and the quality of the bedding.