Location: Hong Kong, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Voyage Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

Pros: Great location. Clean dorm room. Some of the staff were quite nice. Affordable price. Cons: Dirty bathrooms. Slow wifi. You need to pay 3 RM to use the locker.

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

DO NOT BOOK TICKETS WITH THEM!!! I booked my bus ticket to Malacca with them 1 day before departure and paid 24RM. The pickup was 1.5 hours late so I missed my bus at 10am. Then they arranged me a free taxi to the bus terminal and gave me 10RM so I could buy the ticket myself. However the ticket was over 14RM eventually. So it's better to book elsewhere or you will be ripped off!

Asok Montri Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Pros: excellent location, close to BTS and MRT stations. Friendly staff. Cons: Wifi didn't work in the rooms but they are not going to fix it. Toilet seats! What others said were right, all toilet seats were broken!!

U-Baan Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Pro: Joy, the owner of this hostel was very friendly and helpful! She would give you a lot of useful advice. Though its quite far from Bangkok downtown, it only take 5 mins walk to the BTS station. Cons: the street outside this hostel would turn into a reservoir after heavy rain.

So Hostel Chiangmai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Pros: new facilities, clean rooms. Cons: don't get bus ticket from them! I booked my bus to Bangkok from them but the bus never came to pick me up. And they had offered me a refund and free tuk tuk to the bus terminal so I could get a bus ticket myself. What a real hassle!

City Home Guest House

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Pros: free coffee in the morning. Very friendly staff. Cozy beds. Cons: many mosquitos in the bathroom. The doors of the bathrooms are broken!

Pros: Good location, very easily to get around in this tiny capital city. The staff was quite friendly. Good bed. Cons:There were many mosquitos inside the bathrooms.

VooDoo Guesthouse and Bar

Siem Reap, Cambodia

They would only provide a mailbox sized "locker", definitely too small for some bigger gadgets. Also the mailbox locker could be easily taken off the wall if someone has to steal it. Good location! 5 mins walk to the pub street, have 2-3 restaurants close by. The only bad thing is that the alley this hostel located is too dark at night. The bathroom was quite dirty.

The Mad Monkey Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Never leave your flip-flops at the lobby! Someone in Mad Monkey Siem Reap stole my friends' and another girl's flip-flops. Better keep them in your room. Dirty bathrooms. Ants and sand are everywhere in the lobby. Staff weren't helpful. Maybe the management was on his/her vacation.

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The location isn't very good. But the staff were nice! I had a good stay and met some good friends there.

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This family owned hostel was great. It was clean and tidy, great people, great breakfast. However, chances are you might have to climb up to the 5th floor to get to your room.

The room was basically clean, but sand was everywhere as people came back from the beach. Power socket and reading light next to the bed were nice. And there was a swimming pool as well.

HQ Cafe

Nha Trang, Vietnam

The room was really big with an LCD TV and couch. They should clean the place more frequently coz there are ants on the floor. Also there is no power sockets near the bed so everyone has to charge their gadgets next to the couch. But overall it's still a good place to stay.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

A bit noisy before midnight. The room was clean and most of the staff was nice. Except a lady called Mo, who was only friendly to white guys, but she is rude and impolite to other people. This place would be perfect if they could give proper training to the staff.

Street Backpackers Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Nice beds, nice staff, cheap bus tickets. I love it here!