The Dictionary, Shoreditch

This hostel is in a great location -- clearly the Williamsburg of London. The busses make it easy to get to a lot of touristy spots. Overall our stay was enjoyable, save for the somewhat soiled linen and the pile of toenail clippings on the floor of our room. Yes, it's a hostel, but I'd rather make the bed with a sheets I get at check in than sleep in someone else's bodily output. The place is still under construction and the staff is a little green, but I'm sure they'll get there sea legs soon.

Yuck! We can't say sorry enough for that. We definitely take pride in our cleaning and will make sure we don't let those things happen! With just a few more sleeps until construction is over we will definitely be getting our sea legs soon! Hope to see you again :)

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

I enjoyed our stay in York immensely and The Fort fit the bill just fine. Centrally located, clean modern rooms, decent bar attached to building. This hostel might have less built in facilities than some others, but for what it is, it's hard to beat. If you're unsure about staying in York, by the way, definitely do it (especially if you like history).