SoBo House Brighton

Brighton, England

This hostel is not actually in Brighton, it's in Hove, which is a couple miles west of Brighton. The hostel is only a block from the beach though, and it's excellent for the amount of money you pay.

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

The staff were great, and the location really couldn't get much better, only a short walk to the city center, and right on the river. The hostel had a nice little bar, a pool table, and a nice big kitchen so meeting people was never an issue. The breakfast was average, and bathrooms and showers were separated by gender which was nice. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Igloo Backpackers Hostel

Nottingham, England

Igloo wasn't too awful, but it really wasn't great. Everyone there were long term residents and only 2 people spoke English out of everyone including the staff. I was in a room with 5 French people who drank in the room, kept the light on, and talked all night long. When I asked them to be quiet or turn the light off they just pretended not to understand. It's doable if you have no other choice, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

This place was amazing, free laundry, free wifi, new facilities, sparkling clean. It didn't feel like staying in a hostel, more like a hotel. They even provided free big fluffy towels. I would recommend this place to anyone and I would stay here again and again. It was perfect. I wish they had one in every city.

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

They are redoing the common room, so there was nowhere to hang out other than the bar downstairs. The only place you could get wifi was in the bar as well. The whole place smelled of stale urine, and it wasn't dirty, but it wasn't clean either. The staff was nice enough, but they weren't very helpful. The location is great, and it's not a bad stay if you have no other options, but I probably wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Global Village

Belfast, Northern Ireland

The staff was so friendly and nice, willing to help you with anything you need. They were also very involved, they were around 24/7 and a lot of the times they went out with everyone. The place was clean and the overall atmosphere was great. This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in, and when I go back to Belfast ill be staying here.