Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Expected a lot more from this hostel. Due to a group booking they forced me to change rooms halfway through my staying there. Of course this meant trying not to unpack too much throughout the first few days and packing everything again halfway through. They didn't apologize for the inconvenience whatsoever and they offered me one free breakfast which only is £1.50. On top of that they simply said it's probably because I booked late when I booked a good 4 months prior to coming.

• 7th Sep 2014

BackpackerBerlin

Berlin, Germany

Overall a descent hostel. Wouldn't recommend it if you want to be near the city center or if you're travelling alone and want to meet new people. It was a very tiny hostel and the common room was barely used.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff was unfriendly and the rooms weren't that clean. There were also too little toilets and showers. We had to share one toilet and one shower with 12 people which of course caused some trouble in both the morning and the evening. Atmosphere wasn't too good either and I felt the value for the money was quite poor. The only good thing was the location since it was near the center.

• 15th Jun 2014

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

There were no lockers in the dorms. You simply had to trust the other people they wouldn't steal anything or you had to leave your stuff in the basement which wasn't ideal either.

• 29th Apr 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post. We just find that the bedrooms are too small to put lockers in too - years ago the lockers were in the bedrooms but it was just a bit crowded - But we hear what you are saying and we will discuss and see what we can do.