Bastille Apartments

Paris, France

The apartment really looked nothing like any of the photos that were on hostel world, but it was ok! It was very small, but we really enjoyed our time there. The shower was tiny, but one of the nice. A few extra towels, utensils, dishes etc. would have been nice. You are supplied with the bare minimum, especially toilet paper! There appeared to be some sort of a bug infestation in the building. Our room had a large crack under the door so we blocked it at night and had no problems.

• 15th Aug 2013

Astor Hyde Park

The hostel was nice, it was a bit of a walk to the tube but not too awful. Whole Foods Market was about a ten minute walk away so that was awesome. The kitchen and eating area were great. We unfortunately had a slightly bad experience. We were not told that we would have to change rooms after two nights because we booked late the night before arriving. We arrived back to the hostel after a full/exhausting day and discovered all of our stuff to be gone from our room (not the best feeling).

• 11th Aug 2013

Gallery Hyde Park

Really poor bathrooms, rooms way too small. The location was really great, the building seemed lovely and full of English charm. The staff were also really kind, helpful and understanding of our needs and request to leave and for a refund.

• 10th Aug 2013

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel was by far the best one stayed at during my Europe travels. The staff was incredible. The homemade dinner made by mama was definitely worth the ten euros, there seemed to be unlimited bread and tons of beer and sangria. The FREE breaky was the best out of any hostel I have ever had, real eggs! You don't come by those often. The coffee was great too! The beds were comfy and very private. The interior design was beautiful. I would recommend this hostel 100 percent! I hope to return :)

• 5th Aug 2013

Generator Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel is beautiful, one of the coolest that I've ever stayed in. The lockers in the room are great, the AC was too good! I woke up cold sometimes, but that was a nice change from the Barcelona heat at the beginning of August. The showers are a bit small, but the communal showers on the same floor are bigger. They also had a bad smell sometimes. But so do the streets of Barcelona! I only wish there was more of a kitchen. The wifi was the best at any hostel I ever stayed.

• 2nd Aug 2013